At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. In Consumer Channel Sales & Marketing (CCSM) our purpose is to create value with our partners, to market and sell innovative consumer solutions powered by Windows, Office, Surface, and Xbox. We are positioned right at the intersection of customers, hardware partners, and channel partners. You will have the opportunity to be on the frontlines of industry transformation and play a pivotal role in driving growth for one of Microsoft's biggest businesses.
The WW Category Management Team has an opening on the Category Enablement team for a Category Empowerment Program Manager. The purpose of the Category Enablement team is to amplify and accelerate the product category lines of business (LOB) - Windows, Surface/PCA, M365, and Gaming lines of business. We do this by promoting cross-category collaboration and coordination with structure, guidance, while furthering a transformation mindset. We do this by leading initiatives across Category, Channel Marketing, and Channel Sales to positively influence organizational performance and future capabilities.
As the Cross-Category Empowerment PM, your role is to increase the WW Category team's ability to influence others by leveraging data and analytics to drive scalable decision-making. By working closely with the product category lines of business (LOB), you will develop entrepreneurial approaches that will globally:
- Identify areas of cross-LOB opportunities and create processes to ingest data from multiple sources (data, stakeholders and regions), design structure, and create outputs to drive scalable execution of events that affect multiple categories, e.g. structured Correction of Error (COE) anticipation/execution plans, implement a communications strategy to amplify learnings across the LOBs.
- Support the acceleration of the future-focused, business Transformation initiatives in close collaboration with the Transformation Lead. Develop and establish financial tools and frameworks so that initiative owners can drive scalable, financially sound actions, from assessment, pitch, performance tracking, and sharing insights. This will include developing standardized approaches and processes, portfolio management, modelling, assessment/prioritization, business case development, strategic storytelling, and pitching.
- Represent Category for cross-LOB initiatives, such as Granularity of Growth (investment profitability), to work with cross-functional stakeholders to provide strategic guidance for the development of financial tools. In addition to Granularity of Growth, examples also include v-team representation on cross-functional projects to provide an active Category perspective to influence the development of tools, processes, and financial/operational projects that capture Category's perspectives and address Category's needs.
An ideal candidate will have a financial background, with a deep interest in business context to drive processes with financial acumen, creating buy-in and accountability with multiple cross-functional stakeholders to increase the team's ability to direct data-driven decisions:
- Programs & Offers - improve efficiency and effectiveness of our LOB programs by aligning with our product vision, partner needs and collaborate with Corp and Regional Channel Sales and Sales Excellence teams to bring to life.
- Consolidate Category strategic thinking twice a year - aligned with CRISP cycles
- Establish 18-month cycle ROB and v-team to focus on excellence in three key focus areas: program design, regional landing, and execution.
- Develop KPIs to measure, track, and monitor progress and performance at each stage of the three key focus areas.
- Influence the end-to-end process, e.g. participation on the Marketing Payments for Partners (MPP) v-team to, influence and bring back learnings on Proof of Execution (POE) to affect front-end design.
- Granularity of Growth (GOG) - GOG gives us the ability to visually assess the spend effectiveness of our investments. With optimized spend, we are poised to realize investment savings.
- Drive the Category perspective to influence and develop the next phase of Granularity of Growth; evolve the Power BI (PBI) dashboard to incorporate Lifetime Value (LTV) and key KPIs by partner, region, and country.
- Amplify value messaging for GOG to enable higher rates of usage and adoption across WW and Region teams in CCSM.
- Support Growth / Transformation initiatives - in addition to spending effectively, we are aligned to the broader need to keep our business future-focused and thinking about long-term relevancy.
- Establish financial frameworks for initiative owners to drive action on initiatives, from assessment, modelling, performance tracking, and developing insights.
- Boost the efficacy of initiative owners by developing scaled processes, such as business case development, strategic storytelling, and pitching.
- Consolidate data requirements to turn CCSM into a subscriptions engine - create a one-stop shop to centralize data, learnings, and insights to elevate our ability to turn insights into action.
- Establish PBI Dashboard/PBI Apps to create user-aligned views for all WW and regional teams
- Direct the evolution of the PBI/PBA to stay ahead of changing market dynamics and needs.
Financial acumen: experience and rigor in the management of metrics, initiatives, and priorities.
Organizational agility: skillfully navigate and create productive relationships within a complex organization to reach a goal or objective.
Strategic thinking and strong problem-solving ability: succinctly articulate problem statements, approach complex problems with a structured outlook, and effectively drive multi-stakeholder teams towards a goal.
Proven communication skills: drive recommendations and land priorities across organizational boundaries.
Operational excellence: experience establishing, implementing, and refining programs, tools and processes that an organization can uniformly use to execute initiatives.
Experience and Skills Required:
- 5+ years' Finance experience, with business program management in a large, matrixed sales organization.
- B.S./B.A required and/or experience in relevant fields (e.g. Finance/Audit, program management, information technology, operations).
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong cross-group collaboration skills and ability to drive results through influence and impact.
- Experienced with Business Intelligence and Data Analytics - Power BI competencies and SQL-like data management tools.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ambitious, self-starter, thrives in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, effectively manages priorities.
- Must be able to work independently, handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, as well as negotiate and collaborate effectively.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.