At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What's the role?
• Defines strategy and opportunities as part of the operations transformation with an “EPIC” level focus on underwriting initiatives. Brings in outside perspectives, and influences client experiences, interactions, and ways of working by partnering with the transformation lead and business owner(s). Contributes to innovation and overall client services strategy development.
• Leads complex cross-functional or cross-departmental projects to move operations transformation initiatives. Partners with technology teams and other areas in the company to meet objectives.
• Has primary accountability for driving key business outcomes for efforts. Translates business needs into milestones and deliverables. Develops and manages scope and priorities, drives initiative progress and performance, and leads direct and indirect team(s) to achieve successful outcomes. Provides teams feedback, rewards and recognition as milestones are reached and on an ongoing basis.
• Recommends continuous improvements and independently seeks and implements solutions.
• Establishes and supports reporting of metrics to ensure outcomes will be successful (e.g.client experience, quality, productivity and financial stewardship measures).
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in project management, IT or client operations.
- Minimum 7 years of client operations experience with a broad, in-depth knowledge of insurance, annuity, investment products, business operations and/or processes. Significant business knowledge and versatility is critical.
- Experience with transforming underwriting operations, implementing accelerated underwriting programs, i.e. rules-based, predictive analytics, is desirable.
- Excellent leadership, strategic, organizational and change agility, and decision-making skills. Learning agile including innovative and curious thinking.
- Business architecture mindset (ability to transform business processes through people, process, technology and information insights).
- Strong project management skills with the ability to lead large complex projects involving multiple stakeholders, process improvements, communications and change management.
- Superior oral and written communications skills with the proven ability to build relationships inside and outside team and successfully negotiate issues.
Req ID: 19201