The Business Product Analyst is responsible for the analysis, requirements management, business design and testing related to the development of new business processes and products as well as the ongoing support of new and existing processes and products.
- Develop an understanding of all core system functionality and technical support processes
- Analyze business processes (internal and external) and identify methods to improve operational efficiencies or reduce risk.
- Analysis of third-party applications to support build vs. buy decisions.
- Work closely with Product, Technology and Client Services during the development of process improvement initiatives
- Work closely with Product, Technology, Client Services, Compliance and Operations on process improvement and new product initiatives and implementation.
- Develop accurate, clear and concise business requirements related to analysis of new or enhanced products
- Liaise closely with programmers during development cycle to ensure clarity of requirements and proper design of software to meet business and client requirements.
- Test developed functionality to ensure requirements are delivered and function properly
- Provide expertise and support during implementation of new system functionality and enhancements
- Assist in development of training and marketing materials related to developed functionality
- Provide internal and external client support, including onboarding and standardization, for specific systems and services related to system functionality and capabilities
- Provide sales support by performing system demonstrations and participating in client meetings to obtain voice of customer feedback
- Work with technology and the business line in the implementation and testing of new system releases or updates
- Work to provide in-depth support on presentations and due diligence exercises
- Other duties as assigned by Management
Technical or Administrative Knowledge:
- High Proficiency with Microsoft software and SQL
- Strong Excel skills required including extensive use of V lookups, pivot tables and other advanced functions
- Experience with Microsoft SQL preferred. The ability to write select queries to analyze data is extremely beneficial.
- Experience with systems designed to model and monitor structured transactions strongly preferred.
Special Skills and/or Abilities:
- Strong technical and analytical skills required.
- Strong verbal/ written communication skills required.
- Excellent attention to detail required.
- Exercises independent judgment and is multi-task oriented.
- Must be able to work well with others in team environment.
- Must be able to perform work accurately and timely.
- Strict adherence to deadlines and targets given.
- Ability to analyze complex documents.
Education/Training (or equivalent):
• Bachelor’s degree required (accounting or finance preferred).
Experience (Type of work experience, minimum number of years):
• 3 plus years’ experience as a business or technical analyst or related work experience required.