Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
40 Waterview Dr.
Shelton, CT 06484
Business Process Transformation Manager, will lead a team that drives transformation improvements across the enterprise related to materials management and warehouse management. They will develop continuous improvement in the area of operational excellence aligned to a sustainable enterprise-wide operations strategy in support of Hubbell’s overall strategy. This role will be responsible for defining, implementing and running governance of business processes and use of SAP in material management and warehouse management to ensure maintenance of standardization and limit customization across the enterprise.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Define and drive best in class business process and application of SAP balancing standardization and efficiency with business needsDrive standardization on how materials and warehouse management employees use SAP
- Utilize SAP / benchmark companies and Hubbell processes to define best practices
- Rollout new processes with training, metrics and governance
- Establish governance across the enterprise to ensure maintenance of standardization, limited customization and drive continuous improvementDevelop standardized processes, metrics and scorecards for manufacturing and distribution including freight and logistics, procurement, and work in partnership EH&S for safety standards
- Review cycles, updates, metrics
- Create strategy and execution plans to re-introduce Lean Methodology
- Participate in the design of work / roles / structure for manufacturing and distribution
- Partner across the enterprise with VP, Global Enterprise Operations and VP Group Ops for each group to determine key business processes within materials management and warehouse management that should be standard across the enterprise.
- Onboard team and begin aligning positions to best support enterprise / group business requirements
- Identify inconsistency, inefficiencies and recommend configuration and business process changes
- Determine configuration of SAP that supports standard business processes
- Develop and maintain SAP implementation playbook
- Develop appropriate governance to support standard and consistent process, tools and scorecardsDevelop Warehouse Management Toolboxes to support, govern and analyze code usage
- Review cycles, updates, continuous improvement
- Establish KPI’s and appropriate incentives in support of a standard dashboard:
- % total SAP WM users with new roles
- % of total preferred SAP WM transactions
- On time execution to plan
- Develop training to support all new standard business process improvements across materials management and warehouse management
- Deliver as part of implementation
- Maintain in Hubbell University for new employees
- Assess and update as necessary
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 10 years of management related experience required.
- Strong ability to manage through operational changes in process, environment and resources.
- Keen understanding of lean manufacturing principles and methodologies
- Have a proven track record of leadership and problem solving with customer focus.
- Detail oriented, strong analytical skills, ability to prioritize.
- Proven record of team work and matrix management experience
- Ability to identify opportunities to increase accuracy and optimize resources and develop/recommend/implement solutions.
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to resolve problems independently and take appropriate action in a timely manner.
- Ability to present information and data appropriate for intended audience.
- Proficiency in Functional areas of SAP, the company’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
- Quickly learns and achieves proficiency in new software applications as needed.
- Travel ca. 50-70% from Hubbell Site or remote location
Bachelors Degree in Business or Engineering General
Masters Degree in Business
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.