Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
As a Google Data Center (GDC) Business Process Program Manager, you have the responsibility to execute, measure and improve operational processes and procedures. You'll engage with stakeholders including Data Center Design, Project, Safety, Security, Quality and Tools teams. You have an understanding of global operations and associated controls processes for mission critical facilities to enable to drive for greater operational efficiency, standardization and non-linear scalability. You're equally at home selling your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are evaluating the technical and business trade-offs with Facility Managers, Central Operations and Technicians alike.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Analyze existing business processes for areas of improvement and gaps including the coordination and creation of documentation, communications and training.
- Manage research and maintenance processes, and overall operational strategic programs.
- Lead function with business process improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma, Lean, DMAIC, VSM, SIPOC and BPM.
- Align functional objectives, key performance indicators and metric reporting.
- Support the roll-out of project management tools and their integration with existing business systems and process.
- BA/BS degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or Operations Research, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Mission Critical Facilities construction and/or operations.
- MBA or Master's degree.
- Project management (SAPM, PMP) and/or process improvement (LEANSix Sigma) certification.
- Operational experience in performance management, reporting of key metrics and management of performance improvement.
- Experience with data and analytics tools including SQL and Tableau.
- Ability to collaborate and influence across multiple levels of an organization and experience leading cross-functional process improvements, using analytical and communication/facilitation skills.