This position oversees a cross-functional team consisting of IT production support, vendors, product managers, and others to maintain a processes that are used in the management of a credit protection program. This requires collaborating with a wide variety of technical and business stakeholders to deliver high quality outcomes, to periodically correct any errors, and to implement changes to systems. Will be responsible for documenting new business and technical requirements, documenting processes, establishing monitoring plans, conducting testing and maintaining high standards for a consumer facing operation.
As our Business Process Manager you will:
- Act as the process owner for all systems involved with the credit protection program and develop an overall understanding of the operation of systems and their dependencies.
- Work with the internal IT Team to manage, improve and monitor systems.
- Manage external vendors, including external website developers, to deliver periodic changes and improvements.
- Provide project management and quality oversight for website deployments, including multi-step scheduling and quality assurance plans.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create efficiencies and/or reduce costs by implementing process improvements, creating new processes/solutions, and resolving problems through re-design and/or automation.
- Work directly with internal IT teams and vendors to identify, research, diagnose root cause, and to implement solutions to resolve issues involving new account originations if they occur.
- Create and maintain accurate and comprehensive documentation.
- Coach staff and drive performance by setting clear goals and lead collaborative achievements. Understand and manage to deadlines, cost constraints, and impact on other teams, and make resource and design trade-offs based on those factors.
- Lead projects and perform project management duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The incumbent is directly accountable for providing a high level of service to internal and external customers within established timelines. Necessary to be able to work independently and prevent lawsuits due to errors related to charge-offs.
- Experience understanding and managing complex processes, including technology details.
- 5 years of experience in managing cross-functional teams with a demonstrated expertise in navigating through complex and cross-functional organizations.Specific focus on building, delivering and maintaining mission critical, 24x7 production systems is required.
- Facilitation, interpersonal skills, consensus building skills, and effective decision making required.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with technical staff and non-technical staff-users.
- Must be able to present technical concepts, diagrams, and other technical assets to business partners, managerial and technical audiences.
- Excellent documentation skills for defining and producing technical and functional specifications.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement, and to prioritize own work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to extract and abstract the core essence of complex workflow and execution scenarios
- Recognize and resolve ambiguous and conflicting objectives.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required in fields related to information technology, business management or related area.