The Quality and Escalations Manager will manage and lead a timely and effective escalations program including reporting, tools and staff. In addition to the escalations program, the manager will lead process improvement work throughout the Class Action and Restructuring business including but not limited to the issue management process. As part of the issues management process, the incumbent will effectively build strong relationships across all areas of the business to drive cross department initiatives.
- Oversee the reduction of past due escalations, demonstrating a sense of urgency.
- Conduct analysis of best practices within Client Services for timely and accurately resolving escalations.
- Compile analysis of escalations work within operational departments, specifically claims and contact center
- Assist in implementation of best practices across departments.
- Analyze scripting deficiencies and other opportunities to reduce escalations.
- Continue to guide escalations reporting enhancements as needed.
- Oversee day-to-day work to integrate all escalations into Claims Matrix.
- Respond directly to actual callers/escalations, as needed.
- Manage an expanding team of escalation specialists to support project teams, including hiring and training of team members
- Advises and collaborates with senior management to develop, implement, monitor, and tune process improvements, quality/performance measures for the organization.
- Directs the sharing and deployment of Continuous Improvement initiatives across multiple departments and teams.
- Works cross-departmentally to identify trends for points of failure and determines best practice resolution.
- Defines and monitors health status indicators and identifies performance areas. Track and verify that improvement methodology and tools are being properly applied
- Develop evergreen process around ensuring standard operating procedures are updated, accurately maintained and linked to related procedures.
- Collaborates with partners across the global Epiq organization on various quality and performance focused workgroups and learning communities.
- Manages the Issue Resolution Log, including influencing follow-up activities and holding managers accountable to resolve Issues in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree and/or advanced degree preferred
- 10 years in a progressive role or 5-7 years in a manager role
- Outstanding communication and organization skills.
- Continuous improvement, process improvement experience
- Ability to interact well with people, including in difficult or adverse conditions.
- Ability to build relationships with managers and front-line employees to influence change.
- Ability to manage and grow a team
- Understanding of legal documents such as court orders and settlement agreements.
- Understanding of Epiq's current escalations processes preferred.
- A self-starter: someone who is able to work well on own without close supervision.