This position will be responsible for leading process improvement initiatives through the disciplined use of measurements, accountability, analysis and discussion of process alternatives to arrive at best practices. He or she will work with Accounting user groups to resolve process questions, assess user needs, and recommend changes to business processes to enable process efficiency, remove redundancy and introduce automation where possible.
This person will initiate and lead efforts to develop innovative solutions to unique and/or complex business challenges. Solutions may require coordination across the business as well as some coordination with other businesses, including multiple systems, or systems not directly controlled by the business. The individual will also educate others about process strategy and approach for how processes will be developed and maintained and provides consultation on the use of re-engineering techniques to improve process performance.
The overall role requires a strong set of Accounting, Project Management and Communication skills; the ability to lead complex cross-functional initiatives and manage competing priorities. Use of Lean Thinking, Six Sigma or similar process design methodologies will be necessary.
This position is an Individual Contributor role and reports to the Director of Business Process.
- Document and maintain Accounting procedures & process flows
- Quarterly review of all processes to confirm continued alignment with procedural documentation and process flows
- Able to identify and/or create SOX controls
- Document, monitor and audit all SOX controls within Accounting
- Participation in GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation information gathering, documentation and monitoring
- Become an expert in DocuSign products and propagate knowledge to the rest of product operations team by providing guidance and sharing best practices for product setup.
- Partner with Pricing Ops team to ensure cross-functional identification and coordination of dependencies with other teams across the organization and supporting functions (IT, Finance Product Marketing, Product Development, Sales, Strategy and Operations, etc.)
- Organize testing of new products and features including User Acceptance Testing.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum five (5) years of people management experience
- Minimum five (5) years of process and/or project management, consulting, or related business experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of Accounting experience
- Experience in a company that has scaled or experience in both small and large software development organizations.
- Knowledge of process management/improvement, Lean Thinking, Six Sigmamethodologies preferred and history of improving processes
- Proficient with technology, including office applications, sales force automation, database systems, executing data imports, running exports, merging records, and running reports
- Skilled at dealing with ambiguity in a rapidly growing and changing environment
- Able to work autonomously with minimal support
- Ability to develop strong cross-team relationships and partnerships
- Strong communication and negotiations skills (influencer)
- Confidant in working with management team members
- Technical enough to be comfortable asking questions to dig into development issues, quickly gather and synthesize information, devise a plan, get buy-in and move towards resolution
- Has the ability to see the big picture and work with a team to prioritize pipeline requests, ensuring delivery alignment without compromising goals.