Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
The purpose of the Continuous Improvement function is to drive a culture and practice of excellence throughout our entire value chain, increasing customer satisfaction and improving profitability in a sustainable way.
The role reports to Quality Manager and is located in Mebane, North Carolina. As a Business Process Manager who serve as a "translator" between the business functions and IS delivery organizations. This role will lead the continuous improvement process within the ELDS Mebane organization with respect to connectivity, cost, quality and productivity throughout the entire value chain to increase customer satisfaction and reduce operating cost. This position is also accountable to raise the level of automation through the use of technology and processes that combine all functions within the organization, to define and enforce consistent processes within the operational organization. This role continuously explores opportunities to improve processes and increase value add to the business; develop risk knowledge/expertise as necessary to engage/advise in project and business decisions.
- Manage the portfolio of business improvement projects (Site system tools heatmap) and ensure benefits delivery and execution of these projects with desired quality, on time and within budget.
- Drives best practice sharing, cross PGU collaboration, and reuse of processes, tools and expert knowledge throughout the business.
- Continuously assess and understand the operational and commercial requirements of the operational organization to improve operational performance and business processes and provide guidance and direction within groups.
- Supervises risk management strategies for the local unit and ensure actions taken to mitigate and control risks.
- Perform subject matter expert role across the HUB in the arena of manufacturing execution and logistics.
- Innovative change agent driving change including people, process and technology.
- Develop and present systems strategies, technical roadmaps, risks and recommendations to senior leaders across ABB.
- Ensure efficient integration of processes and technologies from both a global and local operational unit perspective.
- Engage in all project phases to ensure effective handoffs and cross-team knowledge transfer.
- Develop and execute a Business Analysis strategy in line with business strategic objectives.
- Create and maintain detailed Business Analysis procedures and processes ensure procedures are executed and auditable.
- Manage workflow to ensure appropriate project coverage and talent alignment.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with PMO peers, risk managers and key business and IT stakeholders to ensure quality project execution.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science OR 4-year accredited degree and 8 years of experience within Computer Science related role OR
- 12 years of same experience without degree.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Strong working knowledge of ERP systems, SAP preferred.
- Proven track record of performing project lead and/or change management role for mid to large size projects.
- Experience with NEMA low and medium switchgear and motor control centers.
- Capability to analyze and synthesize information obtained from various groups of stakeholders.
- Strong skill set to elicit the actual needs of stakeholders and facilitate communication between organizational units.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting applications within the ERP and system landscape environment.
- Broad and deep knowledge of theories, tools and practices in business improvement projects and change management activities.
- Understanding of operational and financial metrics.
- Proven ability to communicate directly with internal customers and other functions.
- Experience with materials management and production control, specifically MES/ECS systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs/projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
- Availability to travel up to 50%, some international travel required.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: