Nippon Seiki is a world-class manufacturer of instruments for vehicles, agricultural, and construction equipment. Established in 1945, Nippon Seiki Co., Ltd. is headquartered in Japan, with numerous facilities worldwide. N.S. International, Ltd. ("NSI"), a group company of Nippon Seiki, located in Troy, MI, is a tier one supplier of instrument clusters and head-up display units for FCA US, General Motors, BMW, Honda, Harley Davidson, Suzuki, Polaris, Arctic Cat and other OEM's.
Purpose of Job
Working directly with the Business Process Improvement Manager – Mexico Operations to manage and direct the business process improvement across North American facilities, with specific responsibility for US facilities.
Responsible for a range of process improvement and process management activities across U.S. facilities. Activities include planning, performing, implementing and managing business process improvement initiatives. Process management functions may include data gathering and analysis, process mapping, developing and recommending process improvement, obtaining leadership or stakeholder agreement, implementing improvements, monitoring post-process improvement initiative performance to updated standards, ensure standardization of business processes where applicable, and ensure compliance to business process standards and JSOX requirements.
Coordination with the Business Process Improvement Manager – Mexico Operations in business planning, NSNA strategy and coordination of activities will be a key component to this job.
This position will be responsible for the business process / JSOX internal audit process and the associated corrective/preventive actions at both NSI & NS Ohio. This role will work together with internal resources to ensure processes related to the business process / JSOX system to meet general business practices, processes, and policies. Other activities include team training, preparation of management reports/presentations, and ERP support as needed.
Top duties or activities with the approximate percentage of time spent on each duty in a given year. Not all tasks/steps performed are listed.
- Major Duty/Responsibility of Job1.20%Analyzes/evaluates all existing business processes and linkages at NSI, NS Ohio and across NSNA. Identifies process efficiency and effectiveness improvement opportunities such as bottlenecks, business risks, duplicate activities, compliance to JSOX requirements and leads/supports process improvement activities.
- Identifies business processes missing documentation and leads the team to document, improve and/or implement these newly identified processes.
- Participates in and leads change management activities associated with process improvement. Engages leadership and other departments to obtain support and buy-in for changes. Partners with management, project champions, and process owners to align process improvement initiatives with business objectives.
- Researches best practices and prepares recommendation on appropriate solutions.
- 2.20%Assures Internal JSOX walk-throughs and assessments/audits on all NSI and NS Ohio documented businesses and ensures alignment with NS headquarters’ assessment scope & timing. This activity also includes gathering data/evidence of properly implemented company, financial and IT controls.
- Manages the internal process audit/assessment process and supports cross auditing assessments across North American facilities.
- Manages the external JSOX assessment process.
- 3.20%Works with team members across North American companies to identify processes with linkages across facilities and improvement opportunities within those processes.
- Reviews processes, ensures standardization across North American facilities where applicable, and modifies process flow diagrams when business requirements are changed.
- Implements process improvements across North American companies and identified facility specific process improvements.
- Supports process improvement projects at North American sites as needed.
- 4.10%Defines, develops, and evaluates performance metrics to establish process success at both NSI and NS Ohio. Reviews data post-implementation to measure success; participates in defining standards of improvement success.
- 5.10%Supports ERP improvements as a project member.
- 6.15%Support North American business plan activities, initaitives, and audits as needed.
- 7. 5%Works with the NSNA QMS Team to ensure business processes comply with IATF 16949 Guidelines.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
Required and/or preferred level of education, knowledge and skills that are necessary.
EducationBachelor’s degreeRelated Experience
- Experience demostrating effective leadership, directly or in-directly, for multi- disciplinary teams is required.
- 5 – 7 years’ combined experience in developing business processes and/or management experience; preferably in an automotive company.
- Experience working in an analytical work environment.
- Experience using business process management software is a plus.
- Comfortable and efficient utilizing Microsoft Office products, especially Microsoft Excel.
- ERP system experience.
- SOX / JSOX experience preferred.
- Special Training or CompetencyObservation, understanding, and execution of applicable company ISO/IATF certification standards related to the role and impact on the overall organization.
- NSI CompetenciesLeading Others: Includes leading by setting clear expectations for performance and responsibility. Serving as a role model of appropriate attitudes and behaviors. Diagnosing the needs and capabilities of employees and taking actions to maximize each person's development.
- Adaptation/Flexibility: Includes keeping an open mind regarding latest ideas and ways of doing things. Willing to consider alternative interpretations or ways of looking at the situation. Demonstrating flexibility.
- Initiative/ Results Driven: Includes setting high standards of performance for self and others. Striving to accomplish goals even if it means personal sacrifice. Putting the goals of the organization above own goals.
- Judgment/ Decision Making: Includes making decisions and takes actions that have beneficial impact. Effectively evaluating information in order to come up with sound conclusions and recommendations.
- Resource Management: Includes setting clear objectives to guide action for self or others to accomplish goals. Organizing or adjusting information, people and materials to meet those goals.
- Team Work: Includes encouraging and supporting the ideas and effort of others. Finding ways to help the team or group perform effectively.