Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 81 days ago
Preferred Location: Ongoing opportunities nationwide including Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Indianapolis, Louisville, Miami, Seattle, St. Louis
This is a full-time or contract position.
Do you have a passion for Business Process Improvement?
Looking for the next step in your career?
Centric Consulting’s Process Excellence (PEX) Practice is growing and we are seeking an experienced Business Process Consultant to join our team. The PEX Practice focuses on five (5) primary capabilities and is looking for an individual that can contribute in one or more of these areas:
This person needs to be well versed in process excellence, passionate about their clients, dedicated to delivering high-quality solutions, and willing to travel up to 80% of the time across the US (primarily, but not limited to, our Centric locations).
This person needs to be flexible and willing to tailor their approach specifically based on the client’s needs. This role is a hands-on delivery role as part of a team responsible for identifying and implementing process improvements and process excellence programs across the various aspects of people, process, metrics, and technology.
What You'll Do as a Business Process Consultant
What You'll Bring
Creating unmatched experiences, for both clients and employees, is what we do. You should revel in doing the unexpected and extraordinary for others.
The fun part about consulting is that no two days are the same. You should have a learning mindset, ready to experience new ideas and situations regularly.
We want someone who likes to solve problems. Clients don’t come to us when the problem is easy. You should enjoy taking on the hard stuff.
And because we work with clients, excellent communication skills are important – both written and verbal as well as the ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.
Initiative is important. We don’t hand hold – you should be comfortable working independently in an entrepreneurial environment. That said, collaboration is equally important. Our PEX team at Centric will give you an amazing support system. You will lean on them daily.
Do you like to travel? Good, because we need someone who likes being on the road. Expect 80% travel.
Last, but not least, you will need to be an experienced Business Process Consultant. This person will need a minimum of 5 years of solid PEX experience and models a continuous process improvement mindset (in another consulting firm preferred but not required); experience and knowledge of various business process improvement principles, methodologies, and tools; and prior successful experience in an external consulting role is strongly preferred. A Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification preferred but not required. Also, Intermediate to Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio skills required. Minitab experience and prior technology focus around process tools preferred (i.e. BPM, RPA) but not required. Prior experience or interest in doing some account management, practice management, and business development activities is preferred.
• Supportive environment – We expect a lot from our Business Process Consultant. But you won’t be asked to do it alone. You will have the full support of the National PEX leadership and everyone at Centric. We love to help people succeed.
• Growth opportunities – As a mid-size firm, there is more flexibility when it comes to career paths. Figure out what you want to do, and we’ll figure out how to get you there.
• Special culture – Hands down, the people are the best part of Centric. But you shouldn’t take our word on it – check us out on Glassdoor, Facebook or Twitter to get a glimpse inside what makes us different.
• Prefer to contract?
• Contractor friendly environment – Contractors are an important part of our Centric family and we treat them as such. You will find that our policies and practices make it easy for you to contract with us.
• Benefits eligibility – As a W2T temporary employee, you are eligible for Centric’s W2T benefits package which includes medical and dental coverage. We are also open to Corp to Corp arrangements (no benefits in that case, however).
• Full-time potential – Many of our full-time employees originally started as contractors. If that’s something you are interested in, we can explore those options. That said, if you want to remain a contractor that’s fine too. We are flexible!
Centric believes the best solutions come from diverse teams. We strive to have an environment where everyone has an opportunity to be successful regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.