At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Business Process Consultant 2 position is within the Wholesale Group Risk Office (WGRO) Tax Program focusing on creating an efficient and effective customer information tax reporting function to support the Wholesale lines of business and its clients.
We are looking to fill a Business Process Consultant 2 position to support the goals of the Data Management Center of Excellence within Wholesale Tax Compliance. This role will help build out the Data Management Center of Excellence and will support the effort to bring consistency to Wholesale platforms for onboarding, withholding, and reporting of customers from an information reporting tax perspective (production of 1099 / 1042-S / FATCA / CRS returns and transmittals).
The Business Process Consultant 2 will be responsible for coordination across executing lines of business within Wholesale and Technology, to ensure process, people and tool consistency. The COE is being developed in a phased approach, with a focus on a proof of concept that will leverage an established LOB with a limited form type and volume to start the COE design work.
The Business Process Consultant 2 will work closely with a number of different business and technology managers at all levels to help document current processes and address data integrity and compliance needs; and to develop strategic and repeatable processes for COE implementation.
Essential responsibilities includes but not limited to the following:
- Support the creation of Data Management pillar within the Center of Excellence
- Support the operation of Data Management Pillar, phasing in LOBs across Wholesale over the next 2 years
- Ensure implementation of additional LOBs is effective, efficient and complete in planning and execution.
- Supporting a framework for assembling information and other KPI/KRI data as needed or required
- Supporting the Onboarding, Withholding, and Reporting pillars within the Center of Excellence.
- Work collaboratively with teams of tax, operations, technology and consultants
- Assisting with the development of Data Management WGRO Tax presentations
- Creating and maintaining data management processes and procedures
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through our many locations, ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking. To learn more, Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
- 10+ years of business analysis experience or 7+ years of business process engineering experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of business processes analysis and enhancing operations to accomplish business objectives
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of financial controls and risk
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to articulate issues, risks, and proposed solutions to various levels of staff and management
- Knowledge and understanding of complex regulatory/compliance issues and potential solutions
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Experience developing partnerships and collaborating with other business and functional areas
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with customer tax information onboarding, withholding, reporting and required tax compliance
- Well-organized, with proven project management and coordination skills