Business Process Automation Program Manager, Global Capacity Delivery
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
As a Business Process Automation (BPA) Program Manager, you will be driving efforts to scale our operations in the planning and delivery of our production compute infrastructure, with a focus on either supply and demand planning or data center / infrastructure deployment. You will lead complex, multidisciplinary projects, partnering with operations and software teams to design and develop requirements, manage and execute plans, and lead transformation efforts to enable “world class” execution of Google’s cloud to cost, quality and delivery metrics.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Manage the ecosystem of fleet planning and capacity delivery tools used by Google to plan and deliver world-class infrastructure.
- Oversee planning and delivery transformation initiatives, delivering requirements, design, and implementation schedules; develop goals aligned with customer needs, delivery speed, cost and service objectives. Perform stakeholder management, ensure successful implementation and on-time delivery.
- Use analytical and quantitative methods to understand, predict and advance processes and their integration with various functions.
- Interface with software development teams to prioritize efforts, define requirements, and drive product management efforts. Partner closely with customers and partner teams to identify gaps, make improvement recommendations, drive consensus and facilitate change.
- Support development of standards, policy and procedures.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering or Operations, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8years of direct experience launching Internet software/services and/or large scale distributed systems (i.e., IT infrastructure).
- Operational and leadership experience across automation and process initiatives. Experience with change management across capacity planning, resource management and delivery, new product introduction, supply chain management, and/or infrastructure deployment.
- 12years of experience in one or more of the following disciplines: data center/network/server infrastructure, supply chain operations, cloud operations.
- Product management experience.
- Experience in supply chain supply and demand planning or data center / infrastructure deployments.
- IT/software project managementexperience and proven track record of achieving objectives on time.
- Demonstrated balance of strategic vision and execution skills. Demonstrated ability to drive change with a long-term perspective across multiple functions to transform the business.