The Business Process Automation (BPA) team drives operational efficiency across Health Plan Products, Service, and Administration (HPPSA) by leveraging intelligent technology and the latest automation solutions like Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, etc. to automate and reduce manual processes across the organization.
The BPA Senior Manager, Product Management is responsible for identifying, recommending, and realizing new BPA opportunities across the HPPSA organization as a shared service. This includes managing the intake and discovery process, developing business cases, evaluating and prioritizing ideas, collecting business requirements, performing testing and validation, and ensuring business case realization for all BPA opportunities and managing a team of business analysts and project managers.
The Senior Manager will also establish, maintain, and plan the overall processes and goals for the BPA product management team and ensure industry best practices are followed.
- Identifying, quantifying, qualifying, socializing and supporting implementation of BPA opportunities across HPPSA.
- Managing relationships and processes across AIS teams and HPPSA functions to build and support BPA opportunities.
- Partner with Technology teams, Operational SMEs, Production Support and/or offshore development to ensure BPA automations are built as needed to meet strategic objectives.
- Building and maintaining relationships with leaders across HPPSA.
- Influencing organizational decisions regarding policies and procedures that affect the BPA operating model.
- Reviewing and advising the HPPSA organization on BPA project feasibility.
- Hiring and managing a team of Process Analysts resources to provide consulting expertise to teams within HPPSA.
- Establishing and managing policies, procedures, and best practices to ensure quality controls exist, regulatory and SOX guidelines are adhered to, and benefits are appropriately identified and tracked in a consistent manner across the HPPSA program.
- Collecting and reporting out on captured BPA benefits from the HPPSA organization.
- Communicating the status and forecasted automation of BPA solutions.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in product management, process improvement, technical consulting or equivalent experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience managing a team directly or indirectly.
- Bachelor of Science in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Proven track record for developing a vision, defining a strategy, and building automations and features solving complicated problems with elegant, simple solutions preferred.
- Experience building and executing product roadmaps aligned with business priorities and technology capabilities preferred.
- Experience driving product vision forward through collaboration and coordination with Technology teams, Operations, leadership, and business SMEs preferred.
- High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with robotic process automation software preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with agile software development preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with process improvement preferred.
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment preferred.
- An ability to articulate and clearly communicate complex problems and solutions in a simple and logical manner preferred.
- Experience working through organizational change, developing and implementing creative solutions preferred
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and decisions preferred.
- Advanced degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics field or equivalent additional experience or Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred.