Position Summary -
This position is responsible for supporting the operational infrastructure and analytics of the Student Experience practice as well as the Enrollment, Student Care and Faculty practices. Responsibility also includes comprehensive design, development, implementation, and successful execution of the business processes, reporting and academic systems, which animate the educational journey of a WGU student.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities -
- Responsible for supporting and leading continuous process improvement projects through the direct analysis of business process data and key performance indicator data.
- Assists or directly owns the detailed collection and analysis of current state business process information related to operational data points and student impact. Interface with Institutional Research will be required to as an element of the data analysis role.
- Responsible for the creation and presentation of reports and analysis which will be used to drive decision making related to the prioritization of actions and assignment of resources.
- Tracks and summarize the effects and impacts of completed projects in terms of financial benefits and positive impacts to the quality of the process on our students.
- Prepares project or change cost estimates as requested in support of cost/benefit analysis of projects and programs.
- Creates, updates and maintains KPI dashboards or project status dashboards as needed to communicate status to the executive team and university at large.
- Collaborates with with the Education Technology and Institutional Research team members as needed to integrate process improvement plans into their technology implementation project plans and to capitalize on technology advancement initiatives to accelerate process improvements.
- Conducts, documents, and report-out the results of internal process adherence audits performed with the colleges and practices. Assist in the creation and ongoing improvement of a robust internal process audit and standard work documentation program.
Knowledge and Abilities –
- Demonstrated strong technical writing and communication skills.
- Data analytics and storytelling with data.
- Critical thinking/problem solving, can articulate the implications of business decisions
- Ability to develop a business case and models
- Strong leadership skills and very strong team management skills including clear communication, firm authority for process guidance, and ability to break through change resistance.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Ability to build consensus and motivate others.
- Strong oral communications abilities.
- Ability to plan and meet schedules.
- Statistical analysis and use of statistical models
- Able to use all related computer equipment and applications
- Development and maintenance of dashboards, reports and tools in SharePoint Hubs, PowerBi, Salesforce and other approach tools.
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities.
- Maintains and builds relationships with business owners, stakeholders, team members and key vendors
- Ability to work well under pressure and with dynamic deadlines
- A Bachelor Degree is required.
- Previous experience with Salesforce reporting and Microsoft O365 is required
- 3-5 Years with Business Analyst Experience