Our staff provides Policy and Governance Support Services as well as incidental advisory and assistance services to the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) for the National Nuclear Security Administration. These services include ensuring compliance for various government programs, developing and reviewing IT and Cyber Security policy that affects the OCIO or the agency, providing Cyber Security and IT Governance and Analysis, data consolidation, Program and Project Management Support and Oversight, Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) oversight, and Financial Execution Analysis for all OCIO investments. Additionally, our services extend to managing the communications for the OCIO and proactively engaging with stakeholders and customers, both internal and external.
We are seeking a qualified Business Process Analyst in Washington, D.C. The ideal candidate will be able to see the big picture, understand project objectives and be able to apply their understanding of how processes should work to operational improvement initiatives.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies
- Ability to conduct/facilitate meetings and interviews, in order to share ideas and findings, elicit information, gather requirements, and produce consensus among stakeholders, team members, and management
- Develop and facilitate training sessions to educate stakeholders and management on the importance, usefulness, and reasoning of Business Process Improvement techniques and intended results
- Ensure solutions meet business needs and requirements
- Create documents and other artifacts to promote sustainable knowledge management within the organization
- Provide consulting and recommendations to managers, supervisors, and the workforce on the implementation of quality and process improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree
- 7 years of experience
- The ability to obtain a DoE "Q" Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship
- Strong oral and communication skills
- Experienced use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Experience with Business Process modeling methods and techniques
- Experience in evaluating business process, anticipating requirements, uncovering area for improvement, developing and implementing solutions
- Understanding of ERP, BPMS and statistical/data analysis skills.
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification
- BPM Certification (AIIM BPM Certificate, Certification from BPMInstitute.org, ABPMP's Certified Business Process Professional (CBPP®))
- BA Certification (CBAP/CCBA, BCS BA Certification, PMI-PBA, etc)