Blackstone Federal is looking to hire a Business Process Analyst in Arlington, VA. The analyst will work with stakeholders to understand business issues and opportunities and with developers to identify technologies that best meet needs. The analyst collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to define the transformed business model, including re-engineered business processes, new or re-defined process roles, business requirements, and business rules.
- Analyzes business and technical processes to formulate and develop new and modified business information processing systems
- Represents the business unit to define requirements and business cases for the technology developments
- Coordinates with business and technology teams ascertaining system requirements, such as program functions, output requirements, input data acquisition, execution of users acceptance and may coordinate testing, and system techniques and controls
- Supports an integrated release team to define, design, and plan the transition to transformed agency-wide capabilities and to identify and resolve business issues that would otherwise constrain the transformed business model
- Develops, guides, and/or reviews products and deliverables to normalize products from the five business functional areas into one coherent view
- Facilitates the development and documentation of end-to-end business processes and associated performance measures, translates to technical disciplines, facilitates design continuity, develops requirements documentation, interacts with SMEs to document local variation to national uniform processes, supports post-implementation measurement and monitoring of transformation solutions, gathers and documents lessons learned
- Provides subject matter expertise and guides others through the process in one or more of the following areas: business process modeling, business rules development, and functional requirements development
- Drives the end-to-end solution strategy and implementation of the to-be vision through Program Releases; supports the review and approval of solutions
- Experience with Visio is required, experience with Orbis is a plus
- Must successfully complete a stringent Background Investigation and obtain the required Government Security Clearance (Active DHS clearance is a plus - U.S. Citizenship is a requirement to obtain clearance).
- Senior Level: 5 years+ related Project Management experience including either or a combination of knowledge management, enterprise content management, performance management and reporting, and business intelligence.
- Big 5 consulting experience
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the design of moderately complex information systems so that functional issues may be understood and business requirements can be properly defined for software development
- Can conduct trade-off analyses on business and technical requirements
- Has, or can quickly develop, a working understanding of the applicable programming languages, operating systems and databases that will be used on the projects and programs
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership skills and both written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to interact comfortably with Senior Leadership and/or Government Executives and staff on a day-to-day basis
- Self-starter who can provide client solutions with minimal instructions and can run independently on projects
- Thrive in a dynamic work environment, exhibiting ability to be flexible and a strong team-player