The Business Portfolio Manager is an individual with a deep understanding of a particular portfolio and/or category, (and depending on technology group) process, function, technology, machine, material or type of equipment. This candidate will have responsibility for revenue and gross profit performance and well as portfolio planning supporting the Ricoh North American sales channels. In addition to optimizing the quality and performance of their product portfolio they are responsible for supporting audience acquisition and sales engagement. The successful candidate will uncover key insights and develop objective driven product strategies to enhance the value, product and position of the portfolio. Reporting to the Director of Portfolio Management, the BSM is a senior position on the portfolio team and must be an industry leader with his/her respected technology.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all technologies, business relations with sales, other marketing, third-party and industry leaders with specific portfolio category.
- Main driver for the responsibility supporting the revenue, gross profit and sales KPI's supporting the portfolio they are charged with managing.
- Responsible for the GTM (including launch success) and overall portfolio strategy, life cycle management and product planning for the solution and/or product set within their respective portfolio.
- Manage multiple technologies, solutions that feed market requirements and overall company direction supporting customer care-abouts and sales enablement.
- As a portfolio leader he/she is expected to collaborate with key department leaders supporting the portfolio, like supply chain management, training, legal, back/front office administration, IT etc.
- Execute the portfolio strategy through Ricoh's customer segmentation / channel requirements
- Have understanding of sales KPI's; manage and align portfolio with sales/marketing operations delivering strategies to facilitate, plan and achieve all targets assigned i.e. including the mitigation of shortfalls
- Be an SME liaison to RCL and other OpCos surrounding their respective portfolio assignment.
- Understand and support RISE methodology in voice of customer - Gemba activities to understand REAL world technology requirements
- Accountable and Responsible for all aspects of the technology, competitors, supply chain, forecasting, etc. Be the "go-to-person" for the assigned portfolio supporting Ricoh Leadership enquiries.
- Evangelist at industry events, presenting at conferences, shows, and customer events supporting sales
- Manage financial budget for assigned portfolio
- Work closely with the Program Manager to provide product insights to drive the targeted programs.
- Ensure that business requirements are understood and considered in all product initiatives
- Internal expert and innovative thought leader - Be the go-to person for portfolio initiatives, keeping abreast of industry and competitive landscape, trends, best practices and innovation in the digital technology and ecommerce space
Job Description Continued
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Bachelor's or Masters Degree in Information technology, Marketing or related field.
- Sales Experience a plus
- Min of 10 years of experience managing products processes and where applicable people.
- Requires min 10 years of experience and significant depth of knowledge in the assigned business area
- Requires min 10 years of experience with product / solutions oriented company.