Reporting to the Senior Director of Global Data and Analytics (GD&A) Strategy and Operations, the GD&A PMO and Governance Director will provide the leadership and management required to ensure the effective planning, execution and value capture of GD&A strategic initiatives. This Director will oversee PMO & Governance and be accountable for strategic roadmap execution, portfolio management of foundational investments, standards and processes, governance, risk and compliance.
The GD&A PMO has the mission of providing project management and delivery standards; partnering with the business analytic verticals and COEs to generate maximum value, drive sustainable change and manage risk. The PMO office will integrate the PMO culture across the GD&A organization and work to operationalize the mechanics of a maturing PMO function by collaborating with management, project managers and business stakeholders to improve delivery, consistency and transparency across various strategic initiatives.
- Serve as a strategic leader and thought partner with GD&A leadership across U.S. Commercial, Gov't and International in the planning, execution and value measurement of strategic initiatives that align with our strategic roadmap
- Provide oversight to GD&A Portfolio Managers responsible for managing the day-to-day execution of the GD&A strategic roadmap and development of foundational assets
- Operationalize PMO best practices in a maturing organization by establishing project delivery standards, governance and process adoption
- Optimize core business processes, introduce innovative ideas, and foster operational excellence across the organization by pragmatically applying PMI concepts and practices.
- Collaborate across GD&A BU / Centers of Excellence (COE) teams to establish and align standards, leverage consistent tools and templates, capture and share best practices and establish common ways of working
- Collaborate with enterprise risk management functions to establish and implement better risk management practices and identify and manage risk across a diverse set of initiatives
- Strategically partner with our IT delivery partners (D&A Engineering) to establish and implement effective portfolio management and governance processes
- Strategically partner with our finance partners to effectively plan and manage a complex set of portfolio financials
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent work experience; MBA preferred
- PMP certification desired
- Previous people management experience required (team of 2-4).
- 8-10 years portfolio management across the entire delivery lifecycle for a complex set of stakeholders and strategic initiatives
- Process driven with a comprehensive understanding of project management methodologies, frameworks and best practices with the ability to pragmatically apply both project and change management concepts
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively at all levels across the enterprise; strong written and verbal communication with the ability to tailor messages to the appropriate audience.
- Strong financial acumen and experience with a proficiency in using excel and tableau with the ability to produce insightful financial planning and analysis
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in complex matrix organizations across agile teams leveraging SAFe methodologies
- Strong experience in the use of PMP and LEAN tools and delivery methodologies such as Clarity (CA-PPM), Agile-Central (Rally), BPMS and other well-known portfolio planning / tracking tools
- Advanced in Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook
- Proven record of building high performing teams of direct reports
- Proven history of thriving in a fast-paced environment, while dealing with ambiguity