The Business Planning Manager, Operations reports to the Senior Director, Pipeline Operations and is responsible for supporting the management of all pipeline operations to achieve or exceed key performance indicators for safety, environmental, production, and finance.
Advanced knowledge and understanding of pipeline construction, commissioning, and operations is required. Knowledge and experience should include Asset Management, contract management, personnel management, risk management and financial management.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Responsible for leading and developing strategic plans and strategic business plans.
- Responsible for developing and managing the department budget.
- Manage preparation of annual budget, including operations and capital.
- Working with Pipeline Leadership Team (PLT) on budget issues, variance explanations, and forecasting.
- Will manage the day-to-day business aspects of Operational Facilities in supporting the Vice President and General Manager.
- Responsible for managing preparation and development of short/long termplans and programs covering business plans.
- Assists PLT in management of business plans and manuals.
- Interfaces with terminal and other support teams to represent Pipeline business functions.
- Responsible for facilitating the overall risk management process for assets and assigned projects.
- Manage and lead Operational facility reports to support site and corporate business functions.
- Manage the review and report significant cost allocations against the Cost Centers to ensure costs are allocated against correct cost codes / project areas.
- Develop and maintain historical documentation of Budget and Financial issues and prepare appropriate management and accountability reports.
- Support Pipeline Incident Response and Business Support roles during incidents or crises
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS)
- Education and Certifications: Bachelor’s degree required; MBA is a plus.
- Experience: 7+ years related experience.
- Skills: Excellent leadership and administrative abilities are required. An acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment. Effective communicator at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries and governmental agencies. Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Organized and able to managemultiple projects. Computer savvy including Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. Able to plan and execute meetings toachieve desired outcomes with diverse participants.
- Technical Skills:
- Planning, Cost Control, Risk Analysis.
- Operational Knowledge.
- Commercial knowledge.
- Effective controls management via financial & schedule control, resource management, planning, cost management, risk and change management.
- Advanced analytical/ economic/ business risk modeling skills.
- Ability to communicate with clarity and business sense at higher levels within the organization and with customers, and third parties.
- Advanced contract negotiation, legal drafting, and legal interpretation skills.
- Proficiency in project management and reporting.
- Proficiency in risk and performance management tools and programs.
Plant Controller (dotted line)
FREEDOM TO ACT
Ability to multi-task and function in a highly-dynamic atmosphere; must exercise discretion independently.
- Job is performed in a typical office environment, but is subject to time pressures and constraints, and is often dependent on input from others.
- Occasionally, work may be performed from home, after normal work hours or on weekends.
- May be required to work overtime.
- May be required to perform business support roles in a crisis situation.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations or as required by Cheniere.
- Work in the field in industrial facilities wearing PPE may be required from timeto time.
- Periodic overnight or multi-day travel will be required.