Top duties or activities with the approximate percentage of time spent on each duty in a given year. Not all tasks/steps performed are listed.
- Rank% of role focusMajor Duty / Responsibility of Job1. 20%Working with senior and executive management to develop and implement short/middle/long term business plans in line with Nippon Seiki Headquaters/Nippon Seiki North America business plans.
- 2.25%Manage New Sabina Industries' five year annual and revised budgeting process.
- 3.25%Coordinate reporting of monthly financial results against budget to executive management with proper analysis, improvement recommendation, and supporting documents. Develop and modify systems to improve analysis and reporting where necessary.
- 4.10%Support executive communication for vision, business plan, direction, and other items as required. Advise on and support executive initatives as a liaison between the executive department and management team. Assist in implementation of initiatives as required.
- 5.10%Drive the troubleshooting of operational issues as they surface; propose changes to systems/ processes and help lead initiatives to fix root causes. Develop and strengthen management team's ability to analyze root causes, professionally present gap analyses, and gain approval for countermeasure proposals.
- 6.10%Other activities assigned by president.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Other Information
Bachelor's Degree in Business-related field (Business, Accounting or Finance). Preferred MBA degree.
- Related Experience7 years or more experience in admin-related business operations such as business planning, financial planning, accounting/finance, etc.
- 5 years or more experience in high-volume complex manufacturing industry
- 5 years or more experience in leadership position
- Experience using J.D Edwards or another ERP system and proficiency in advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Special Training or CompetencySignificant experience driving continuous improvement initiatives at a variety of levels throughout an organization
- Proficiency in both English and Japanese languages, including experience supporting Japanese executive management
- Skilled at exerting leadership and influence with members of management at all levels; ability to support senior management in complex situations
- Strategic thinker focused not only on vision but also on its excution
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (Oral and written) skills
Work HoursMonday-Friday, 7:30am - 4:30pm. Off-hours as needed.
Travel Requirements25% domestic and/or international.
If domestic travel is necessary, valid driver's license is required.
If international travel is necessary, valid passport is required.