In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the world's largest insurance brokers, our focus is dedicated to providing our customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be protected — through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control. Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep and one-of-a kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
About the Position
Reporting to the Business Solutions Group, the Business Planning and Operations Analyst will play a key role in ensuring customer needs are understood, defined and executed through successful technology and process solutions.
The primary responsibility will be reviewing, analyzing and evaluating user needs and business systems. The role includes documenting, defining scope and objectives and working with a broader team to formulate solutions that support and drive business strategies.
Priorities for the role include:
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
- Manage and execute the creation and delivery of strong business requirements and functional requirements
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
- Improve systems by studying current practices; designing modifications
- Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements; forming projectteam; establishing project budget
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions
- Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Validate resource requirements and develop cost estimate models
- Conduct and coordinate financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning within the various departments and programs of the client group
- Interpret, evaluate and interrelate research data and develop integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making
- Plan and coordinate the development of primary and secondary market research studies in support of strategic planning and specific marketing initiatives, as required and presents findings of studies tostakeholder committees
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly reviews and analyses of current processes using operational metrics and reports
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes
- Suggest changes to senior management using analytics to support your recommendations. Actively participate in the implementation of approved changes
- Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience with technology
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities concurrently.
- Strong written and verbal communications ability with empathetic listening skills
- Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with teams effectively
- Ability to work with diversity and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to travel up to 25% is required.
Department Business Operations
Required Experience: 5-7 years
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)