A Brief Summary of This Position:
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Business Planning Analyst position in the North America Operations organization. In this individual contributor position you will apply Master Scheduling, production planning and analytics to achieve the most efficient and economical value to the Sales & Operations Planning functionality for Valmont North America.
Multi-site production planning & optimization:
· Effectively manage projects relating to the optimization of production capacity and footprint across multiple sites in North America in an engineer-to-order environment.
· Define and develop S&OP performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of Supply Chain factors, and provide ongoing analysis in areas such as production planning, inventory levels, material planning optimization, Inventory and logistics planning.
· Develop, maintain and review metrics aligned to ensure Sales & Operations Plan execution is on target.
· Identify, negotiate and resolve conflicts with respect to material and capacity availability as well as order-promising and integrity.
· Communicate long-term planning demands to stakeholders across the NA Operations network.
· Demonstrate full knowledge of the product lines and ERP systems, and serve as a technical leader for assigned systems and/or service development, ability to educate and train end-users to a technology-driven Supply Chain.
· Evaluate order expedite requests and coordinate with site level production control teams to fulfill customer requests.
· Assist with development of projects plans to meet deadlines for major initiatives, drive various groups and cross-functional projects to promote smooth implementation of initiatives.
Analytics of Sales & Operations Planning processes:
· Translate business requirements into the design and development of data models and reports, identify trends, and ensure accuracy and readiness of data.
· Use analytics to optimize the demand and supply balance, determining out-of-balance conditions, identifying alternatives, and recommending actions for mitigation.
· Conduct regular cadence of data gathering, aggregation and analysis required to formulate Sales & Operations Plan.
· Collaborate with appropriate teams to forecast demand, establish forecasting procedures, models and quotas to identify changes and trends, and to create supply plans to optimize service levels and maintain Supply Chain System efficiency.
· Validate data in various databases to ensure accuracy and consistency, identify root causes of data inconsistency, and implement corrective action plans to meet business requirements.
Other Important Details about the Role:
· Support business functions, working with functional leaders and providing periodical and ad-hoc analyses and reports as required.
· Execute project management disciplines to ensure projects and tasks completed on time and within budget, and business requirements delivered.
· Demonstrate strong production planning and scheduling skills.
· Assist site production control teams on implementation of Valmont and Industry best practices.
· Abides by all policies and procedures of Valmont Industries, Inc.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
· Preferred Bachelors with 6+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 8+ years relevant experience or 10+ years of relevant experience
· Experience with production planning and Master Scheduling techniques
· Strong understanding of Supply Chain principles, practices, and procedures in manufacturing environment
· Advanced Microsoft Suite software skills, especially Excel modeling, Excel data analysis
· Knowledge of business intelligence and/or analytical/statistical software: Oracle, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI
· Working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning ERP software
· Strong understanding of project management principles.
· Ability to work independently
· Passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain management, or Operations
· American Production and Inventory Control Society APICS certificate desired: CPIM and/or CSCP certificate
· Strong leadership skills and the ability to support divisional business objectives