The Business Performance Analyst, Expert's primary function is to design, implement, and maintain custom data and analytic reporting solutions, dashboards and tools to provide insight into and facilitate the day to day operations of Electric Transmission's project and contract lifecycle. The successful candidate will work across functional teams and partner with peers and leaders on process change implementation and ongoing measurement. He/She will evolve the role to lead clients from simple, pre-existing business intelligence solutions to forward-looking "what's next" capabilities using more advanced predictive and prescriptive tools. The Business Performance Analyst, Expert will provide business analytics information, including research, data analysis, metric implementation, forecasting, and reporting in support of business decision making, strategy and operations.
- 7 years relevant business experience
- BA/BS in Business, Engineering, Construction Management, Computer Science/Information Systems, etc. or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced statistical, modeling, and process improvement knowledge
- Lean Six Sigma Certification preferred
- Experience working with data stored across multiple databases/data sources
- Advanced reporting knowledge and experience with multiple reporting tools
- Demonstrated experience in data visualization best practices using Tableau
- Proficient in MS Excel/Access/Powerpoint
- Microsoft BI stack including PowerView and PowerPivot; PowerBI
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Ability to keep pace and contribute to a high performing team
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with utility operations
- Collects data to identify root cause of problems. Measures performance against process requirements.
- Provides consultation on the use of re-engineering techniques to improve process performance.
- Aligns improvement to performance shortfalls. Surveys and analyzes best practices for techniques and processes
- Determines data needs, collects data, selects from different analytical techniques to conduct root cause analysis and determine issues
- Designs and maintains operational tools, reports, visualizations, dashboards, metrics, etc.
- Projects are moderately to highly complex and require selecting methods, approaches and tactics to resolve problems and obtain solutions
- Creates analysis that accurately describes the state of the business
- Creates complex and automated data routines and processes for reporting and data delivery ensuring accurate data transformation
- Design data analysis to achieve business objectives, process data, analyze data, write clear and concise data findings
- Supports power users with creation of queries and analysis and reporting.
- Applies judgment solve problems of diverse scope
- Typically receives general instructions on new assignments or projects. Receives little instruction on recurring assignments
- May assist in coaching and developing less experienced staff and end users
- Understands business process needs and develops solutions
- Work Execution and Operational support .