Business Partnerships Manager - Transportation Intelligence
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
This is a key, high impact role on SmartDrive's new Transportation Intelligence team. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record as a consultative problem solver, supporting sales and business development. As subject matter expert, you will directly support projects in telematics, research, insurance and other custom initiatives, as well as our custom SmartIQ initiatives. SmartDrive transforms massive volumes of data generated by commercial fleets into real-time actionable information, predictive analysis and prescriptive actions that drive measurable value for their businesses.
You will have an opportunity to work with leading customers and partners in the field of telematics, research and university partners, as well as commercial fleets eager to collaborate with SmartDrive to increase their analytics & transportation intelligence capabilities.
- Support Business Development, Sales, & Customer Success efforts
- Provide technical and analytical support to our business development team during the sales and project scoping phase
- Assume main point of contact role for partner relationship during scope of work, project management, until successful project delivery
- Manage Partner collaboration from scope of work (SOW) to successful project delivery
- Responsible for gathering requirements, and associated statement of work creation in collaboration with business analyst(s)
- Plan, organize, lead and control the project efficiently and effectively to stay on time and on target
- Serve as a consultative resource to support our Business Development, Sales and Customer Success teams
- Support sales efforts with our SmartIQ Product offering suite to our commercial fleet customers
- Gather requirements for SmartIQ custom visualizations and prepare Statements of Work (SOW’s).
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Minimum 6 years of experience working in a consultative, customer facing role
- Experience in analytics/business intelligence
- Exceptional critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn on the job new concepts, techniques and tools required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required
- Work well on cross-functional project teams and foster team commitment to tasks
- Bachelor's degreerequired; MBA preferred.
- Experience with BI tools (Tableau, PowerBI, QlikView, Birst, or similar) a plus
SmartDrive Systems, the recipient of Frost & Sullivan’s Customer Value Leadership Award for Video Safety Solutions, gives fleets and drivers unprecedented driving performance insight and analysis, helping save fuel, expenses and lives. Its video analysis, predictive analytics and personalized performance program help fleets improve driving skills, lower operating costs and deliver significant ROI. With an easy-to-use managed service, fleets and drivers can access and self-manage driving performance anytime, anywhere. The company, which is ranked as one of the fastest growing companies by Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, has compiled the world’s largest storehouse of more than 200 million analyzed risky-driving events. SmartDrive Systems is based in San Diego, and employs over 650 people worldwide.