This position provides comprehensive HRsupport to a customer group. Actively participates in departmental strategic planning activities to meet business objectives. Consults with customer leadership to assess staffing, training and development needs, organizational effectiveness needs; defines recruitment strategy, consults on employee relations issues/EEO/AA compliance, recommends solutions to compensation and performance management issues, and assists in developing/interpreting and applying HR policies to help Associates move through organizational redesign and change. Works under general direction.
• Counsels at all levels of management and associates regarding performance issues. Recommends courses of action conforming to HR policies in compliance with all Federal, State and local laws and regulations.
• Facilitates performance management/coaching discussions as requested by management. Reviews performance improvement plans and corrective action plans.
• Investigates associate complaints regarding HR policies and practices and allegations violating policies. Recommends appropriate courses of action to management.
• Consults with VP of HR to develop, administer and communicate compensation plans, annual performance reviews and merit increases.
• Partners with management, and identifies and recommends cost-effective solutions to staffing needs.
• Promotes a positive associate relations work environment in partnership with client managers and ensures open and timely supervisor/associate communications and interventions.
• Assists in designing and implementing HR policies/guidelines and programs and communicates changes to managers. Provides policy interpretation and conflict resolutions to all Associates in accordance with relevant employment laws.
• Assists in assessing departmental training and development needs and delivers training to enhance associates' skills and improve workplace satisfaction.
• Meets with management to assess and discuss business climate. Provides reports to use in the business planning process.
• Corresponds with Legal to address associates' claims/charges files with Government agencies.
• Serves as liaison with management and may report on findings to investigations. Participates in audits by compliance agencies as needed.
• Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.