IAT has an immediate opening for a Business Operations Workflow Analyst. The position can work from either our office in Rolling Meadows, IL or Omaha, NE to work closely with Business Leaders and key leaders to develop and analyze staffing models, document workflows, identify commonality or redundancy, develop consistent metrics and measures, enable new functionality to support additional business, etc.
This role sits within Operations.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Able to demonstrate a clear concise communication style
- Able to demonstrate a solutions-oriented approach
- Able to identify and document processes and gaps
- Able to identify linkages -cause and effects
- Able to demonstrate an ownership mindset
- Participate in business process management efforts to collect and analyze metrics and make recommendations toleadership (continual processes improvement)
- Participate in root cause analysis to recommend product enhancements or other appropriate actions to improve productivity
- May act as a project manager on some projects
- Participate in business process modeling sessions, acting as a documentarian, co-facilitator, facilitator or subject matter expert in sketch sessions.
- Contributes to user reference, training, and testing materials by providing requirements and process context.
- Works with end-users to document business processes, prepare business requirements documents, cost/benefit analysis presentations, and documentation including analysis of the impact on existing systems and procedures.
- Actively and collaboratively drives business engagement and group sessions.
- Provides superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Prepares clear and concise business documentation and communications.
- Works closely with a Business Unit, Developers or vendor staff to ensure an accurate understanding of how business processes and requirements get translated into design and specifications.
- Perform other tasks as needed.
- Bachelors' degree with 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst or equivalent.
- An equivalent is defined as 9 years of experience as a Business Analyst in the P&C/ Commercial Insurance Industry.
- Experience documenting business process and gathering requirements required.
- Able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate an aptitude to quickly learn business processes.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to develop strong relationships with key business resources.
- Able to demonstrate planning, executing, and facilitating both small and large sessions to collect business information.
- Able to demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Able to multi-task, manage details, and execute effective follow-through.
- Able to learn new applications and systems concepts.
- Able to display a continued commitment to expanding knowledge base through personal initiative and industry-sponsored courses/seminars.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to perform effectively under tight timeframes with high standards, and bring about effective action through direction, example, and a collaborative team atmosphere.
- Able to organize, coordinate, and drive Functional Design Documents for new applications and existing application enhancements.
- Able to work with technical resources to ensure the effective translation of the functional design into technical design.
- To qualify, all applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require, now or in the future, VISA sponsorship for employment purposes.
- Prefer P&C Claims and Underwriting knowledge/experience.
- Prefer experience as a Business Processes Analyst/Consultant.
- Prefer some knowledge of business problems and identifying solutions.
- Prefer a working knowledge of a system development methodology.
- Prefer strong analytical skills, especially with spreadsheets, MS PowerPoint presentations, word processing, and visual business process tools such as MS Visio.
- Prefer the ability to understand and document IT systems and components as they relate to business capability enablement (current and future).
- Prefer the ability to model and document business capability needs (current and future).