The Business Operations Senior Analyst is proactive, analytical, and detail-oriented. He or she will be a positive and solution-oriented partner for stakeholders across the B2B business unit. The ideal candidate would have exposure to enterprise and inside sales operations in a technology, subscription service, media setting, or relevant experience in a similar role.
The role reports to the Associate Director, Business and Revenue Operations and works closely with stakeholders in Sales (Enterprise and Inside), Product (for Hospitality Solutions), B2B Marketing, and Operations. This role will primarily be responsible for revenue tracking, forecasting and planning for Hospitality Solutions and each product’s distinct needs and sales cycles (including but not limited to Sponsored Placements, Business Advantage, Spotlight).
What You’ll Do:
- Provide timely insights and analytical support to different internal stakeholders to support effective business decision-making
- Employ/automate reporting tools to measure business KPIs, and partner with Sales Systems and Engineering teams to operationalize these tools within existing systems and data models
- Create scalable models to run sales forecasting for the Hospitality Solutions sales team in conjunction with Finance
- Identify the “metrics that matter” to TripAdvisor’s commercial outcomes, distill these into easy-to-understand KPIs, and articulate a vision for ongoing measurement and reporting
- Work closely with peers in the Business Operations organization to adapt and translate existing business processes for enterprise sales: forecasting and pipeline management, sales territory design and analysis, incentive design and sales programs.
- Assist with ad hoc queries and provide analytical support to our fast-growing business as it evolves
Who you are:
- Process focused: A deep understanding of the value of process, balanced by a strong instinct for speed and accuracy will be key. Coordinates sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes for the Sales organization, working closely with stakeholders in Marketing, Product, and Finance. Ability to operate with startup instincts within a $1B+ global organization.
- Analytically orientated: Educational and/or deep professional background in quantitative analysis – expert in asking the right questions, and answering them with data; and communicating business insights to executives
- Forward thinking: An instinct to look around corners and plan several steps ahead, while identifying and mitigating risks before they stall your initiatives
This is a varied, business critical role that includes ownership of core business processes related to revenue reporting, forecasting and planning, as well as a rich and dynamic set of on-demand projects.
- 4-7 years’ professional experience; experience with enterprise technology or media sales
- Experience working with databases and tools with proficiency in SQL to write queries to store, sort, and retrieve data (or capacity / willingness to learn)
- Advanced Excel expertise required
- Confident and eager to learn new tools, technologies, and methodologies
- Excellent hands-on analytical skills - strong SQL or similar skills to surface and manipulate data; experience with statistical packages (R, SAS, e.g.) and Excel model outcomes; experience with BI tools (Tableau, e.g.) for data exploration and communication
- Demonstrated success building stakeholder relationships and managing stakeholder
- Must work well in a matrixed work environment
- Flexibility and openness to change