Are you a passionate and innovative Proposal Manager looking to drive business for Shield AI’s state-of-the-art AI and robotics products among military customers? Are you eager to make a positive difference in the world and in the lives of our service members? Do you want to work alongside mission-driven and values-focused teammates? Shield AI is just the place for you!
The Proposal Manager is responsible for directing and leading federal proposals in support of the Business Development team. The Proposal Manager will lead the drafting and finalization of proposals. You will drive, align, coordinate, and synchronize BD, marketing, engineering, program management, and product management efforts during the proposal process in order to drive business development. As we grow, you will have the opportunity to build the proposal management function!
What you'll do:
- Lead and direct proposal efforts for US Government customers, as well as international opportunities.
- Develop a proposal strategy that results in high quality, compliant and compelling proposals that will score high and have optimal win probability.
- Prepare and lead proposal kick-off meetings, schedule and lead proposal team meetings and cadence calls.
- Conduct proposal color reviews and/or collaborate with the assigned color review lead or chair in the conduct of color reviews that effectively achieve useful, actionable comments and recommendations from the review teams.
- Work closely with BD, marketing, engineering, program and product management teams to ensure proposal compliance for the technical, management, pricing, and past performance sections are completed.
- Prepare, schedule and lead internal team reviews of proposals to receive team member feedback for proposals.
- Develop proposal outlines to document requirements and compliance needs.
- Conduct post‐submittal debriefs. Interview customers for feedback on proposal quality and responsiveness.
- Provide additional support to BD team leadership such as miscellaneous projects including presentation materials, competitive intelligence gathering and/or other market information that may be gathered with the sales and marketing teams.
- Develop budgets, resource plans, schedules, and scopes of work for proposals and potential use of outside consulting resources to support specialized proposal efforts.
- Build and manage a growing proposal management team.
People we're looking for have the following required education and experience:
- 5+ years of Federal proposal manager experience or in lieu of direct Federal proposal experience have 5+ years of proposal manager experience plus experience working with federal government requirements
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or engineering