This position reports to the Head of Planning/S&OP and Business Operations and supports the functional experts of Warehouse & Distribution, Customer Service and Planning, defining processes and standards in their attempt of continuously improving the area of Supply Chain.
Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives that optimize planning processes, inventory management, service levels and maximize profitability through identification of root causes. This shall be enabled by evaluating different processes between plants, planning organizations, inbound and outbound logistics and Customer Service organizations.
Provide leadership and strategic direction through management of cross functional teams from different Supply Chain functions as well as other organizations (i.e. Quality, Manufacturing, Finance). Activities in scope include Supply Chain financial planning and analysis, reviewing trends, potential financial impact of business decisions and budgeting.
Facilitates cross training & mentoring activities to provide skill development and improve the functional expertise of the team and other stakeholders.
Accountability for the OpEx Six Sigma program, this includes coaching Yellow & Green Belt projects. Maintains a project pipeline & process capability program to target analytical and process variation
40%: The incumbent leads and/or collaborates on the logistics aspects of end-to-end logistics distribution processes, product line extension support, product launches and flawless execution across cross-functional teams, to support outside service providers and ensure project timelines and customer expectations are met.
40%: The role will help drives operational excellence by implementing robust processes in Supply Chain to address ongoing supply and no business disruptions. This position will help in developing a culture that enables a high performing organization. Candidate will support with the Supply Chain governance for the America’s – metrics, staff meetings, town halls, Visual Management systems, collaboration with COE’s and cluster operational performance reviews
20%: The candidate will establish and manage a project governance process that assists teams in achieving financial goals and or savings through continuous improvement for the America’s region. Candidate can offer assistance with audit activities and help ensure no material deficiencies.
Education & Experience Requirements
- BS/4-year College Degree in Business, Industrial Engineering or a related discipline;
- Master Degree / MBA in Supply Chain or Logistics and good knowledge and understanding of lean tools and Six Sigma methodologies, budgeting and project management;
- 5-7year work experience in relevant industry areas such as Bioscience, Pharmaceutical and FMCG.
- Prior project management, especially in mergers, integration plans to combine supply chain operations regionally and SC organizational restructuring activities.
- Experience in implementing continuous improvement processes for supply chain.
- Strong communication skills (with staff, colleagues, suppliers, and senior management) both written, oral, and presentations.
- Strong demonstration of use of critical thinking and problem solving skills to address, correct, and prevent issues or make best decisions
- Embraces change, challenges status quo and makes recommendations for improvements to products and processes. Creates tools that help simplify job tasks and shares or implements these with others.
- Experienced with multiple PM tools and processes, and has the ability to manage critical situations.
- High to expert level of MS office tools (Word, ppt, excel, access, project)
- Able to work in fast-moving environment; work well under pressure (different tasks at the same time).
- Fluency in Portuguese, Spanish and English.
- APICS , Green or Black belt Certification preferred;
- Knowledge of GMP manufacturing and end to end supply chain is a must, as well as detailed knowledge in global logistics (transportation, warehouse, distribution)
Ability to travel approx. 25% (Domestic and International travel to Shire Affiliates).
Req ID: R0021132