Pedago is seeking a Business Operations Manager to work remotely, with the option to work in our Washington, DC office in the future.
We are looking for a conscientious, meticulous, proactive, and dynamic individual who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment. The individual will define, execute, and manage business operations and compliance tasks for an international university with students and alumni from 50 states and over 100 countries. Duties are broad in nature and require the individual to work collaboratively with other staff members, conduct research, and exercise independent judgment. A successful candidate will have experience working on a team and with outside clients or partners, with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude.
Administration and Operations
- Human Resources: Oversee the HR function. This includes managing the team responsible for onboarding of new staff; maintenance of appropriate records; benefits management; ensuring compliance with Pedago policies and applicable labor law.
- Insurance and Licenses: Oversee maintenance, review, and renewal of all insurance policies and licenses that affect the organization, including ones related to facilities, liability, health, benefits, and safety.
- Policies and Procedures: Work to ensure that all office procedures support the effective operations of the organization; conduct an annual review of all policies and procedures for organization and staff; ensure that all staff are informed of procedures and are in compliance with them.
- Compliance and filing: Work with the company’s accountants and lawyers to ensure the timely submission of federal and state filings.
- Contracts: Negotiate and administer contracts with vendors, suppliers, and consultants (with participation of CPO and other managers as appropriate).
- Office Space and Vendors: Oversee the Office Manager’s work managing relationships with landlords, suppliers, and other third parties.
- Payroll: Oversee accurate processing of payroll through our PEO platform.
- Other Business Administration Activities: Undertake or supervise the performance of the Business Operations Team on all other administrative activities.
- Reporting: Manage the company’s CPA responsible for preparation of monthly, quarterly, and year-end financials in an accurate and timely manner; work with CPA and other staff to build one-off reports for internal stakeholders; review and clearly communicate implications of these reports to senior management.
- Accounting & Finance: Work with our CPA to ensure completeness and accuracy of all financial records and transactions.
- Budget: Working with the CPO and CTO, take day-to-day responsibility for the annual budgeting exercise and planning process in order to have the budget completed in a timely manner. Once approved, monitor execution and recommend adjustments.
- Internal financial control: Maintain appropriate financial and operational controls, including making timely policy updates and establishing review procedures.
- Equity Management: Manage tracking and issuance of equity through the Carta platform.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance & Accounting, or related degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of overall professional experience, at a management and financial level.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to Pedago’s mission.
- Experience with day-to-day business accounting and financial management, reporting, and budgeting.
- Experience with day-to-day HR administration and employee management.
- Experience with day-to-day management of other business administration functions, including insurance, contracts, and taxes.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software, Excel, and other relevant software.
- Demonstrated capacity for and experience in multi-tasking.
- A successful record in setting priorities and communicating clearly with staff in a constructive and engaging manner.
- Experience working remotely.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills.
How to Apply:
Applications should include a cover letter and résumé. Successful candidates will undergo a background check before hire.
Pedago is an education-technology company with a mission to democratize access to high quality education programs and career advancement opportunities. Quantic School of Business and Technology, our accredited university, offers MBA and Executive MBA degrees, along with other disruptively affordable business and corporate training programs, and combines the best of traditional top MBA programs with the next generation of interactive online learning. Founded by the former CEO and fellow executives of Rosetta Stone, Pedago is a rapidly expanding company seeking candidates who thrive in a fast-paced environment with opportunity for growth.
Pedago supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.