Google Play is the world’s largest mobile gaming platform, offering apps and games, music, movies, and more. It brings together all of the entertainment you love and lets you explore it in new ways, anytime, anywhere. As part of the Platform and Ecosystems team, Googlers working on Google Play do everything from engineering our backend systems, to shaping the product strategy, to forming great content partnerships. With over 700,000 points of distribution across 31 countries, Google Play gift cards are an expansive global business and the face of Play at retail. The work you do on the Gift Card team will help bring the mobile gaming market to life in global partners. You’ll be part of a unique team at Google that focuses on delivering a flawless physical and digital product at global scale, driving billions of impressions a month and helping to ensure that consumers have an easy, flexible way to pay for the in-game items and content they love.
As a Business Operations Manager, you'll drive operations with internal and external partners to ensure product availability, and to launch new programs in the Americas region.
Google Play offers music, movies, books, apps and games for your devices, powered by the cloud. It’s a Google approach to entertainment, syncing magically across your devices and on the web. As part of the Android and Mobile team, Googlers working on Google Play do everything from engineering our backend systems, to shaping the product strategy, to forming great content partnerships. They make it possible for people to do things like buy an ebook or song on their Android phone, then have it instantly available on their laptop. The Google Play team helps strengthen the overall Android ecosystem by giving developers and partners a premium store where they can reach millions of users.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with gift card suppliers and other partners, acting as their primary contact across internal cross-functional teams.
- Manage ongoing operations in the Americas region including driving schedules internally and with partners, escalations from customer support, and accounting.
- Issue POs and manage card orders with multiple suppliers, ensuring on-time delivery to distribution partners, and oversee invoicing and timely financial reconciliation.
- Develop and maintain project plans to ensure timely launches, and be the voice of Google’s internal operations with our card partners.
- Lead projects to improve operations and expand current capabilities with Gift Card partners, and work with teams to communicate and prioritize these for the Americas region and lead a small team responsible for coordinating orders and execution regional projects.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience as a supply planner and/or buyer interfacing with external suppliers.
- 3 years of experience in project and partner management.
- 3 years of experience managing people or complex project teams.
- CPIM and/or CSCP certification.
- Lean Six Sigma certification.
- Experience in supply chain, FMCG and digital content.
- Demonstrated thinker/problem solver, with the ability to break down complex activities to attainable project tasks.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and the ability to clearly communicate priorities in a fast-paced environment.