Industry: Energy & Utilities•
8 - 10 years
Posted 45 days ago
The Business Ops Consultant position will support the IT Vendor Management Office and IT Training Program functions by developing, implementing, and performing analysis to meet organizational strategic goals and objectives. Assist in managing vendor relationships and performance, implement and manage projects, diagnose continuous improvement opportunities and develop solutions. Position is expected to quickly adapt to change in a very fluid environment and collaborate with multiple stakeholders to agree on solutions. Provides overall coordination and support as necessary to ensure the proper and effective functioning of business unit operations and/or department systems. Participates in the development, analysis, planning, administration, communication, and implementation of a broad range of business unit, projects, processes, and practices. Serves as a business unit analytical expert for process analysis, data analytics, which may include identifying potential security risks, possible data breach situations, ensuring adherence to all regulatory requirements, system security, reporting, intranet web pages, financial/budget activities, performance improvement initiatives and other areas as defined. Works with other department functions to define opportunities, identify and implement solutions, and measure improvements to ensure desired results were achieved. Plan and assist in implementation of solutions that will maximize organizational effectiveness through the use of technology and automation. Develop and maintain reports using standardized reporting protocol for business unit, company reports, and statistical summaries ensuring data integrity and consistency. Formulates, defines, and documents business processes by clearly defining project scope and objectives through research, benchmarking, and fact finding combined with a good understanding of business functions, systems and industry standards. Leads cross-departmental projects involving process and/or system improvements. May lead and/or contribute to projects with moderate or complex scope and budget. Assist with the development of less tenured personnel. This position requires a fundamental understanding of business operations, processes, and business unit(s) systems utilized within the organization.
BS/BA equivalency or an equivalent combination of four years relevant work experience and relevant college coursework in business, information technology or a related area. Strong understanding of business unit operations, business unit systems, database design, structure, functions and work processes and experience with database tools; typically obtained through five years of progressively responsible experience. Previous experience with the systems specific to the business area may also be required.
An additional eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience where a strong understanding of business unit operations, business unit systems, database design, structure, functions and work processes and experience with database tools has been obtained. Previous experience with the systems specific to the business area may also be required. Demonstrated knowledge of business processes and operational knowledge including functions, procedures, processes, and computer systems. Ability to identify process improvement opportunities, gaps, data analysis and recommended solutions which tie functional needs to technology solutions. Demonstrated project/team experience and ability to prioritize work. Ability to review data, see relationships and patterns, as well as possess strong analytical, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills. Experience in managing projects and identifying and resolving issues. Expertise in PC applications including advanced skill level in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word. Requires proficient knowledge of emerging practices and technologies used within the business area. Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws, regulations, and standards impacting business areas. Demonstrated communication skills, both verbal and written
Preferred Special Skills, Knowledge or Qualifications
1) Participates in or leads projects to formulate and define business needs, system scope modifications, and objectives through research and fact finding combined with a good understanding of business functions, systems, and industry requirements.
2) Establish and maintain strong partnerships with internal/external business units and vendors to support ongoing vendor performance management Initiatives and IT sourcing strategy initiatives to meet company goals and objectives for all IT sourcing needs.
3) Researches, analyzes, and resolves routine to complex business/operational problems within the business units. Interfaces with IT, Systems Analysts, Business Partners, or vendors to resolve issues as necessary. Follows up to ensure timely resolution of problems and ensure customer satisfaction.
4) Participates in or oversees analysis, planning, and implementation of enhancements to new and existing processes, Ability to gather, create and document moderate requirements to develop clear processes based on IT business needs with consideration of IT business goals and future needs.
5) Provides input and gathers functional requirements, policy/procedure interpretation, and future business system needs to support departmental goals. For smaller projects, may coordinate assigned phases of project planning and execution, including estimating resources and tasks, creating, managing and controlling project schedules and resources.
6) Using quantitative metrics, analyze process designs, workflows, and suggests process improvement initiatives, which may include potential technology solutions to streamline, automate, and/or improve process efficiencies.
7) With limited direction, coordinates and participates in the development of effective business cases using sound cost/benefit analysis. Keeps apprised of current and emerging trends to support IT initiatives.
8) Provides operational support for business area and multiple systems including, but not limited to, researching and resolving problems, gap analysis, training identification and delivery, and data integrity audits.
9) Writes, maintains, and supports a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Assists in the development of standard and complex reports for business unit. Assists in the development and maintenance of standardized business reporting protocol and ensures data integrity and consistency in all reporting aspects.
10) May monitor and track business goals, activities, performance monitoring, and issues for an assigned unit(s) to keep management apprised of business unit activities.
11) Actively shares knowledge of business/technical environment, priorities, and processes to less tenured personnel.
12) Conducts research, performs data analysis, and reports findings through formal presentations.
13) Participates in project and/ or departmental assignments as a lead or a key member. Responsible for coordinating activities within the business areas. Direct areas of organizational responsibility to include needs analysis, scope definition, testing strategy, implementation, and user acceptance including organizational change management activities.
14) Provides process ownership, facilitation, development, and partners with process owners from internal and external stakeholders to determine training needs and/or assessments in support of the Vendor Management and IT Training programs. May support delivery of training to impacted stakeholders and users as needed.
15) Maintains documentation of processes, guidelines, tools, procedures, and training aids required to support departmental and organizational goals.
16) May participate in the planning, development, and administration of business unit's budget and planning functions.
The following specifically apply to the role in the IT organization -
Effectively work with management and others to identify, plan and implement solutions that will maximize organizational effectiveness involving proactive process improvements and special departmental considerations and needs