Business Operations Consultant : 0000A4QS
Global Vision. Local Focus. Things really are different here. A career with HSBC in Canada is truly an experience that few financial service organisations can match. Here you will find yourself inspired and supported by colleagues whose daily responsibilities cross time zones, continents and cultures. You will be motivated to aim for your highest aspirations, and enjoy the rewards of belonging to a diverse and growth-driven culture. Canada is a priority market for HSBC. We remain focused on growing customers locally with our unique products, and we offer a full suite of solutions developed from our global connectivity and network. HSBC has the institutional strength, capacity and commitment to support our Canadian client’s requirements here and around the world. Employees who thrive at HSBC are service focused, entrepreneurial and driven. They show collaborative spirit and a quest for continuous improvement, while having the industry expertise and business acumen to deliver. About Retail Banking & Wealth Management Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide through our branch network, call centres, and digital and mobile banking. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division. A day in the life of a Business Operations Consultant include the following: The Business Operations Consultant will be accountable for supporting effective governance and oversight across all retail products within RBWM, ensuring that appropriate disclosure requirements are adhered to, products are being offered on a fair value basis and that the effective review of products to ensure that they are fit for purpose and adhere to FIM and local regulatory requirements. The job holder will support the oversight of risk control, policy and self-governance within the RBWM retail product frame work across all retail product offerings in Canada. The retail business encompasses Cards, Mortgages, General Insurance and Unsecured Lending. The incumbent willprovide consultation to the Retail Product Leads to ensure retail products meet and exceed overall operational risk control framework as it pertains to overall RBWM, with required SME knowledge in the area of deposit products [or “Secured Lending products” or “Credit Cards and Unsecured Lending products]. In addition, theywill support across a variety of risk and regulatory compliance based activities, including but not limited to product governance, conduct risk and consumer disclosure. The jobholder will be responsible for ensuring quality of deliverables/ documentation, MI, and meeting minutes and depth of discussion with the objective of driving optimal value from the governance frameworks. The job holder will support liaison between the risk functions and the business and ensure that CVM related transformational activities are tracked and reported to business leadership. Principal Accountabilities:
- Engage and influence key cross functional stakeholders both in-country and Group across Business, risk, compliance, legal
- Work with internal partners (including Risk, BRCM Audit, Compliance, ORIC, Information Risk, etc.).
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Business Partners / sponsors, internal and external partners.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Represents the retail product business with internal and external audits as required
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant retail banking experience and direct experience in a product development and or / product management environment.
- Evidence of strong multi-functional project management skills and demonstrable success in introducing changes to investment products and services
- Knowledge of HSBC, HSBC products and services, the branch processes and systems is an asset, as well as experience working with IT
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven management and leadership skills, with solutions focus
HSBC ProudIn 2016, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine for the fifth consecutive year. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Career Development: Within current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity: Opportunities build global relationships and professional networks
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
Learn more about HSBC HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. HSBC Group - one of the world’s largest banking and financial services with assets of US$2,492bn at 30 June 2017. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.