The Business Strategy & Operations organization provides business critical insights using analytics, ensures cross functional alignment of goals and execution, and helps teams drive strategic partnerships and new initiatives forward. We stay focused on aligning the highest-level company priorities with strong day-to-day operations, and help evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives.
Google Play offers games, apps, music, movies and books to over 2 billion Android users. It’s a Google approach to bringing devices to life on mobile and the web. The Google Play team helps strengthen the overall Android ecosystem by giving developers and partners a premium store where they can reach millions of users. The core mission of the Google Play Merchandising team is "Delivering the right product at the right time and the right place for the right user." The team drives consumer lifecycle marketing programs to evolve our massive user base and ensure that they continue to find more value in Google Play.
The Business Operations & Strategy team provides strategic support and the critical business insights needed by the Merchandising team to optimize Google Play business globally, including deep dives to identify new business opportunities and drive business productivity. As a Business Operations and Strategy Lead, you will lead strategic initiatives for the business and drive execution by influencing key business stakeholders. You will enable business growth by leveraging your strategic perspective, quantitative skills and market understanding. You will ensure cross-functional alignment of goals and execution, and help teams drive strategic partnerships and other initiatives forward while helping evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives.
The Go-to-Market Operations (GtM) team ensures Google's complex and ever-evolving Ads business runs smoothly. We are instrumental in setting go-to-market strategy, and ensuring flawless execution and operations against the strategy. We have teams embedded in each of the major Ads business areas as well as global teams that work across the business areas. Team members are analytical and strategic, with a pragmatic sense of how to get things done.
- Partner with stakeholders to identify strategic initiatives and develop business plans; ensure processes are adopted across regions. Help identify, structure and lead operational improvement initiatives.
- Perform strategic analyses that translates data into actionable insights, influence stakeholders and develop execution plans
- Drive continuous operational improvements for Google Play, including optimizing resource allocation across Product teams, measuring progress against business goals and facilitating weekly management meetings.
- Collaborate with Product, Legal, Finance, Compliance and other affiliated groups to drive business initiatives.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, or equivalent experience in a technology/media company.
- MBA or graduate degree in a management, technical or engineering field
- Experience leading complex operational and strategic initiatives, and interacting with Business Leads or Product Managers. Experience developing and instilling a culture of data-driven decision-making.
- Proficiency in data analyses, and familiarity with dashboard tools such as Duplos, Dasnav and/or Tableau.
- Ability to pay attention to detail while handling multiple, simultaneous projects, with strong business acumen and the ability to navigate and influence personalities within a complex business environment.
- Strong organizational and communication skills. Ability to present to executives and communicate with a highly technical management team
- Results focused self-starter with excellent analytical skills and an ability to decompose ambiguous situations. Distinctive problem-solving and analysis skills, combined with impeccable business judgment.