LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world's workforce in ways no other company can. We're much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
We are looking for a Senior Manager in Business Operations to join our team. The successful candidate will partner with our Sales, Product, Marketing, and other cross-functional teams to tackle high-priority strategic questions for our organization, and be part of the core Business Operations ("Biz Ops") team responsible for objective analysis, operational insights, and strategic initiatives across all of LinkedIn.
The role is highly cross-functional, requiring solid business acumen and influence skills to identify, prioritize, and implement high-impact initiatives. The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology in general and LinkedIn specifically. The position is based in San Francisco.
- Bring clear thinking and excellent problem-solving skills to a range of challenging business questions
- Conduct in-depth analysis of our various businesses and develop a deep understanding of key value drivers to identify improvement areas and opportunities
- Deliver strategic projects for our leadership that provide key business insights for high-priority initiatives
- Communicate effectively across all levels: within the team, to cross-functional partners, leadership, and executives.
- Analyze and interpret large datasets to investigate key business trends, performance, issues, behaviors, and metrics.
- Directly manage and be responsible for professional development of a team
- Identify, diagnose and resolve performance issues, define actionable and innovative improvement levers, and support implementation/rollout of your recommendations
- Serve as the connective tissue of a cross-functional team including Sales, Product Management, Marketing, Sales Operations, Finance, Business Development, Corporate Development, and other internal groups working to share knowledge and drive people towards a common goal
- Demand excellence through example, coaching, developing and inspiring others; foster a positive and values-driven team culture
- BA/BS degree in engineering, math, statistics, physics, computer science or related discipline
- Management experience of managing 2+ reports
- 7+ years of work experience in a strategy related role with an emphasis on quantitative skills
- Highly analytical: experience decomposing and solving real world business problems, ideally building/using advanced Excel models. SQL a plus.
- Natural problem-solver: comfortable with data and ambiguity, and able to both delve into the details and engage meaningfully on the overall strategy
- Effective communications: Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations
- Initiative and ownership: Ability to act with limited oversight on day-to-day basis, balancing multiple priorities
- Proactive and passionate: Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources and delivering results in challenging situations
- High-energy, team-first attitude: Motivated to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to help our growing business
- Executive presence: Experience working closely with senior executives to solve challenging business problems; Ability to credibly and compellingly present and debate recommendations with senior leadership
- Practical experience: Experience with enterprise software, SaaS or online advertising