The Business Operations Analyst will provide insight-driven clinical, operational and financial analyses to enhance organizational decision-making. He/She will be responsible for the development and presentation of complex financial models along with forecasting of established clinical business plans. This position will work closely with Associate Chair for Administration and Manager, Finance and Business Operations within the Department of Surgery; externally, the position will act as a liaison to UNC Faculty Physicians and manage their data requests, as well. Primary Responsibilities include healthcare analytics, scorecard and dashboard development, and project management for key initiatives. The Analyst role is critical to:STRATEGIC PLANNING
• Assist in development of business plans impacting business unit.
• Perform analysis to support recruitments, program expansion and contractions
• Monitor financial, statistical and other reports to advise ACA of opportunities/recommendations.
• Reviews should include but not be limited to: wRVUs, OR Case volume, Case Mix, LOS data, Payor Mix, Research funding/burn rates, expenditures, financial statements, etc.
• Partner with each Division Chief and faculty to develop plans to meet and enhance clinical productivity.
• Develop a keen understanding of the clinical, research and teaching endeavors.
• Ensure good access to information and transparency for faculty and staff.
• Provide overall administrative direction and coordination in the formulation, interpretation and administration of current and long range policies, procedures and programs
• Together with the administrative leadership team, supervise and coordinate various personnel functions including but not limited to hiring, merit recommendations, promotions, transfers and vacation schedules.
• Ensure the completion of annual review all annual staff evaluations.
• Ensure that annual goals are set for each employee and that goals support personal and chief/chair goals as well as those of the institution.
• Continually evaluate resource needs/efforts and ensure equity, load balancing and advancement opportunities.
• Actively manage and address training and performance as needed.
• Assists in fostering a culture of support and communication throughout the Department
• Actively partners with other leaders to identify best practices and coordinate continuous process improvement to limit or eliminate barriers to successful clinical, research and teaching activities aligned with missions.
The Business Operations Analyst must be able to perform sophisticated analyses and drive to insight. It is essential that he/she functions well in an ambiguous environment, and clearly defines project scope, develops project plans, and sets priorities for working teams. The position must also be goal-oriented and visionary, such that they drive the business development of strategic planning within Surgery.
Master's degree in Business Administration, Health Administration or related field. Five (5) years of senior-level financial or project management experience. Five (5) years of healthcare experience.
Master'sdegree in Business Administration, Health Administration or related field. Five (5)years of senior-levelfinancial or project managementexperience. Five (5)years ofhealthcareexperience.
United States-North Carolina-Chapel Hill
1000-UNC MEDICAL CENTER
Job ID: OTH01JLA