The Center for Surgery of Encinitas is currently seeking a Business Office Manager
The Center for Surgery of Encinitas is a partnership with community physicians dedicated to excellent patient care. Founded in 1989, it has cared for more than 65, patients. The Center is designed as a multi-specialty ambulatory surgical center. The Center is fortunate to have a terrific group of employees who are specially trained to meet the needs of ambulatory surgical patients. The focus of their work is the safety and comfort of each and every one of our patients.
The Ambulatory Surgery Center Business Office Manager provides leadership, management, and direction to the staff and day-to-day operations. This includes responsibility for all business office functions and operations including, admission, insurance verification, billing, collections, medical records, regulatory compliance, patient accounting systems and revenue cycle while supporting SCA’s Mission and Values.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Reviews, analyzes and interprets financial data to monitor progress toward established goals; identifies deterrents to success and implements improvements as necessary to enhance efficiencies and results; facilitates effective problem resolution and development of business office goals and objectives
- Selects and hires employees according to established guidelines. Monitors, coaches, develop and evaluate performance of staff on an ongoing basis in accordance with applicable performance standards. Oversees training and ensures staff competencies.
- Insure business office staff follows SCA and facility policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Maintain appropriate business office staffing levels and ensures teammates are cross-trained.
- Ensures that administrative and accounting procedures are carried out timely and accurately including but not limited to month-end financials, payroll and state reporting.
- Responsible for office supplies and equipment.
- Maintains employee medical records and personnel records.
- Responsible for accounts payable process. Insures timely, accurate payment of invoices and accurate reporting of accruals.
- Works closely with Clinical Director so that the flow of the overall operation is most efficient, reporting all activities to the Administrator.
- Works closely with the Administrator to promote the utilization of the Surgery Center.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 5 years related experiencerequired.
- Basic accounting procedures with some accounting background in a medically-related environment.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Experience in accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Medical terminology knowledge required.
- Computer experience in Excel, Word, Medical Billing Software and Applications.
- Good communication skills and phone etiquette.