The Community Business Director (CBD) is responsible for managing and supervising the business office functions at thecommunity. This position serves as the community’s primary resource for handling and managing questions/inquiries from residents and their families as well as from our own employees related to, among other things, cash receipts, billing, vendor payments, expenses, payroll and benefits. The CBD also coordinates and assists with maintaining accurate employee payroll and benefits data and is expected to be able to explain and instruct employees regarding benefit options.
- Maintains and oversees specific processes for the collection and maintenance of resident data, which includes resident statement accuracy, review of resident agings, confirming level of care to billing accuracy, and resident demographic information.
- Responsibly manages and supervises all front desk/clerical personnel including scheduling, assignment, direction, performance review (including input on pay adjustments), hiring and discipline consistent with company policy.
- Assists the Executive Director with managing the community’s operation by utilizing independent judgment and discretion to review and advise on billing issues, expenditures and budgetary matters for the community.
- Manages and directs all accounts receivable, to include pursuit and follow-up of unpaid balances.
- Ensures correct coding of the community’s accounts payable and accrues expenses as needed.
- Directs collection of on-site employee data related to, among other things, demographics, payroll, employee benefits and employee leave administration. Ensures employee files are maintained in accordance with Atria’s policies and procedures as well as federal, state, and local regulations.
- Primary community responsibility for assistance with month-end close process. This would include, among other things, accrual preparation and analysis of general ledger/monthly operating statements. Works with Executive Director to fully understand operating results and trends.
- Diligently works toward the completion of special projects, request, and assignments as appropriate.
- Serves as the community’s “manager-on-duty” on a regular basis.
- Assists in sales process by conducting inquiry tours as necessary.
- May drive company vehicle from community to social and other various destinations (only if required by community).
- May perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or a related field and two (2) years of experience withbusiness office functions; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) to five (5) years in business office management, finance or accounting preferred.
- Working knowledge of general accounting, billing and collections and expense management practices.
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
- Able to clearly present information through the spoken word. Can accurately communicate, providing the necessary level of detail even under stressful or demanding conditions. Ensures a positive attitude and team orientation is exhibited in verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Past history of solid performance management skills, including the ability to communicate performance expectations, document performance conversations, coach and document performance issues and complete performance managementexpectations as guided by the Company.
- Able to perform budget analysis and variance reporting.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office and ability to operate standard office equipment.
Requisition ID 2017-51935