This position will report to the CFO and be responsible for managing all aspects of billing and collecting patient accounts. This position provides direction to business office staff including Financial Counseling, Billing, Collections and Data Entry. Works closelywith CFO to achieve facility goals for AR days and Collections.
Lakeland is a leading provider of psychiatric services to children and seniors all of the Quad states area.
Lakeland Behavioral Health System has provided psychiatric services in Springfield, Missouri and supported the Quad States region for over 20 years. Today, our focus is solely on two very special segments of our population: children and young adults ages 3 to 20 who have severe psychiatric and behavior disorders such as self-harming, depression, or aggression, and older adults over 60 suffering with depression, anxiety, and memory-related disorders such as Alzheimer's or dementia.
Lakeland’s dedicated Intake Department is available 24 hours a day to provide a free confidential assessment and consultation.
- Monitors and reports on key metrics such as cash collections, days outstanding, unbilled, denials, etc., in conjunction with the CFO.
- Establishes and maintains controls for all cash collected and posted in Patient Accounting system.
- Maintains effective communication with third party insurance carriers to resolve issues that impede cash flow and detract from patient/member satisfaction.
- Maintains effective communication with the leadership team to ensure that all third party compliance guidelines are met.
- Selects and monitors outside collection vendors engaged in the collection of facility receivables. Reviews and balances agencyand HMS system reports.
- Leads and provides operational directives for all Business office activities related to the claims management and collections of the patient’s receivables and ensures timely, efficient cash collections to support the overall financial goals of the facility.
- Define and provide the necessary support and leadership to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- Reviews all statistical reports to monitor trends and determine operational deficiencies and implements corrective action plans as necessary.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience as a hospital business office director or supervisor.
- Inpatient experience required.
- Business Degreepreferred.
- Experience with Self and commercial insurance required.