About Sun Life
You believe life is about aiming high and making an impact. At Sun Life Financial, we work together, share common values and help each other grow and achieve goals.
With roots tracing back to 1865 in Canada, Sun Life Financial has grown to become an established and trusted name in insurance and financial services, with offices and operations in key markets around the world. We recognize that our growth, success and reputation for excellence are due in large measure to our talented and dedicated employees.
About the Business
Enterprise Services, Working better together.
Our teams are dedicated to providing the services and technology our business partners need to help customers achieve lifetime financial security. Through innovation and collaboration, we're striving to continually find new and better ways to bring value to Sun Life. Enterprise Services has employees in Canada, Ireland, the U.S. and Asia. We partner closely with groups and individuals throughout Sun Life Financial to provide products and services that deliver business value.
This Business Objects System Administrator position is responsible for supporting the business intelligence software infrastructure and clients for Sun Life worldwide. This position is accountable for the availability, performance, stability and recoverability of the BI technologies and applications supported by the DBIS – Technologies team as well as fulfilling client requests
- Provide product and environment support and administration for business intelligence software environments for SAP Business Objects
- Manage intake and fill user requests – examples are application and user set up and administration, code promotion requests, software consulting and problem support
- Participate in new software and software renewal assessment and implementation projects
- Participate in design and implementation of software product deployment infrastructure
- Participate in design, development, testing, implementation and support system management processes and procedures
- Participate in Sun Life Disaster Recovery tests
- Keep abreast of technology landscape and industry trends pertaining to business intelligence
- Provide timely updates to Manager, co-workers, project managers and business users
- Ensure business intelligence environments supported by the Data and Business Intelligence services team are well supported and meet predetermined service level.
- Ensure all client requests, infrastructuresupport requests are completed on time with good client satisfaction
- Ensure project deliverables are of good quality and delivered on time within budget
- Ensure information delivery standards and guidelines are followed.
- Ensure company and department policies are followed.
- Self motivation and resulted orientation is critical
- Strong trouble shooting skills
- Ability to exercise good judgement to make sound decisions
- Solid written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn new technologies and work with minimum supervision
- Strong team player with customer focus and collaboration
At least 5 years of working experience with the following software products and infrastructures:
- SAP Business Objects suite of software
- Excellent knowledge of SAP Business Object Universes and WEBI reporting
- Knowledge of Tableau and Qlikview
- Working knowledge of security protocols such as LDAP, Keberos, and Windows Active Directory
- Working knowledge with Unix, Windows server OS and utilities
- Working knowledge with isql, relational databases and data connectivity products
- Knowledge of big data and appliance infrastructure and management
- Knowledge of other business intelligence and data integration software such as IBM InfoSphere, SAS
- Experience with application development tools such as java and Microsoft .net
- Financial and Insurance business experience
- Production support and after-hours on-call
- Availability to work on after working hours scheduled work as required, examples are project implementation and Disaster Recovery Test