We are looking for Business Objects Developer ( BOBJ ) for our client in New York, NY
Job Title: Business Objects Developer ( BOBJ )
Job Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Contract - 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- The Merchant Banking Technology team supports all aspects of the Merchant Bank's private equity fund investing - including sourcing potential investors and investments, deal execution, fund management, statements, budget/planning and revenue reporting.
- Merchant Banking Technology is developing a platform to meet divisional, firmwide, and external investorreporting requirements.
- SAP Business Objects is a central tool in this platform.
- This role will interface with the Merchant Banking business on a day to day basis to determine reporting requirements and create/modify those reports in Business Objects.
- Additional responsibilities include support/maintenance of the division's Business Objects infrastructure, support/development of the Business Objects Universe, and to provide input to the best practices for report development.
- Interact with the business to gather requirements.
- Understand current business flows, processes, architecture and leverage that in designing and developing reports.
- Hands on development in Business Objects, SQL. Familiarity with Tableau or QlikView beneficial.
- Work with other technology areas to leverage solutions developed in other parts of the firm.
- Train both IT and Business users in the best practices for developing reports.
- Participate in code/design reviews and provide input into best practices for report and universe development.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, engineering, math, physics, or other related field
- 3 years' experience in the use of the SAP Business Objects reporting platform designing and writing both data universes and reports.
- 3 years' experience in programming with SQL.
- Experience in gathering requirements with Clients.
- Good communication/interpersonal skills.
- Database skills Sybase IQ/MS Sql Server.
- Prior experience with data visualization tools Qlik or Tableau
- Finance: Understanding of market dynamics and conventions.