Business Intelligence Analyst
5 - 7 years experience • Financial Services
Business Intelligence Analyst - VA #3853
Location Alexandria VA
This position will be responsible for providing business intelligence services including data mining, analysis and reporting of operational metrics across the business.
To be successful in this position the incumbent must possess analytical skills withexperience in taking information to filter down and draw insight. Strong EXCEL, SQL expertise. Ability to review traffic, revenue accident data and think of different ways to report and share information with different levels within the organization. Focused on providing accurate, timely analysis and reporting, improving business performance and maximizing EBITDA.
* Complete and accurate analysis is performed as needed via thorough understanding of business metrics and a commercial mindset.
* Build spreadsheet-based analyses for the purposes of trend analysis and ongoing reporting. Model development and templates for analysis focus on accuracy, data integrity, reusability and automation.
* Mine data from the road operations, traffic and the tolling systems' databases.
*Reports shall be accurate, produced timely and where applicable meet expectations for Corporate, Compliance and statutory reporting.
*Reports shall be tailored for the audience, including external reporting, Board, senior management and functional leaders as required.
* Develop strong working relationships with the functional managers. Partnerships withinternal customers are fostered to ensure successful delivery of projects.
* Focus on reusability, automation of processes and reconciliation checks to ensure data integrity, efficient workflow and timely and accurate deliverables.
*4+ years in a business reporting and analytical environment, preferably in a high volume transaction environment.
* College educationwith Commerce, Business and / or Technology related discipline
* Excellent MS Excel capabilities with proven knowledge of spreadsheet modelling. Understanding of MS Access and Oracle databases with SQL development and scriptingexperience is highly regarded.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. 4+ years of experience in a business reporting and analytical environment. Preferably in a high volume transaction environment.
2. College education with Commerce, Business and / or Technology related discipline.
3. Excellent MS Excel capabilities with proven knowledge of spreadsheet modeling.
4. Understanding of MS Access and Oracle databases with SQL development and scripting experience is highly regarded.
5. Include Salary Requirement