Under the direction of the Director of Operations conducts financial and operational analysis to improve quality of services productivity revenue generation and efficiency. Gathers financial and qualitative data to prepare business and improvement plans. Presents recommendations to Department leadership and assists in implementation. Serves as a liaison between Business Office and clinical divisions.
- Formulates recommendations for changes as appropriate; presents information to Department leadership and other internal and external partners. Prepares written reports and presentations of analysis.
- Develops new contracts for materials/services; manages contracted relationships.
- Assists in the development and manages ongoing operations for clinical programs in collaboration with internal and external physician leaders
- Troubleshoots existing and/or potential issues in department business procedures recommending changes as appropriate.
- Meets with clinical areas to assess needs and opportunities for improvement. Helps divisions establish productivity revenue operational and service quality goals and action steps to achieve goals.
- Examines the performance of existing department-wide systems and operations in order to improve productivity enhance service quality and ensure optimal use of resources. Reviews financial operational human and technology resources. Seeks input into improvement plans from department administrative and clinical staff. Assists in the implementation of improvement initiatives.
- Develops reports and interprets data to improve patient quality outcomes and office operations.
- Develops business plans for departmental divisions and programs; analyzes projected costs financing and reimbursement.
- Integrates services and functions into the organization�s primary mission through collaboration effective communication and development of high quality services and programs.
- Assists with department strategic planning efforts. Participates in the development and implementation of department�s annual operation budget and capital budget.
- Develops and maintains relationships with Lifespan affiliate departments. As directed develops and maintains relationships with external partners including state agencies third party payers and other agencies who conduct business with the Department.
- Develops departmental and organization-wide multi-disciplinary teams to identify and solve problems.
- Ensures that all information is disseminated to staff through staff meetings with minutes in-service education and any other means that keeps staff informed/competent.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services.
- Utilizes staff in reviewing and revising policies and procedures. Provides guidance and education for implementation.
- In collaboration with management team ensures that staff is knowledgeable and currently informed about policies and procedures.
Recommends that a sufficient number of qualified and competent staff are available to provide services.
- Bachelor�s Degree in Accounting Finance Business analysis or closely related field required.
- Minimum of three years of experience in healthcare related field Experience in finance management project management or business administration preferred but will consider other related experience.
- Demonstrated skill in program development business management and analysis.
- Proficiency with variety of computer systems required
- Management level communication skills; skills in facilitation/consensus building and persuasion.
- Experience within a large complex organization; must have skills to work across all levels of the organization.