Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
TechnologyRisk Management and Information Security (TRMIS) is a group of technology, security and risk professionals in Canada, the U.S. and the U.K., focused on managing a comprehensive program to assess, prioritize, and mitigate business risk with technology controls.
The Cyber Security Team is responsible for protecting the Bank, customers and employees by mitigating and identifying technology threats to TD Development of effective risk management programs help ensure TD’s best-in-class cyber security approach.
What We Stand For
The TRMIS program is continuously evolving to mitigate risks to the bank, including introducing new initiatives and improved defense. With a layered approach to protect customers, employees and the bank from cyber threats, TD manages challenges and reviews technology controls for all business applications.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Strategy and Planning, the main function of the Manager is to
support the business activities of TRMIS. The Strategy & Planning team is accountable for the coordinated planning, management and execution of all business/administrative work required for the effective operations of the TRMIS segment. Working closely with BMG, Finance and other shared service providers, the role supports the Sr Manager in ensuring that TRMIS runs like an effective business, in aggregate and within each area, thereby allowing delivery VPs to focus on ensuring highly effective delivery.
The general accountabilities of this role include, but are not limited, are to provide support to the Sr Manager in the following areas:
- Strategic planning cycle (including budget, forecast, staff headcount, and projects )and roadmap for TRMIS in concert with BMG, Senior Leadership Team and their respective Managers
- Intake of all business/administrative work providing a holistic view of all deliverables required and workload management
- TRMIS business operations/routines run smoothly (e.g. for strategy and planning, various operational meetings, Metrics & Reporting, Financials & HR metrics, Operational stability/excellence etc.) working in tandem with SLT and other key partners (HR, BMG, Finance etc.)
- Development and Standardization of processes and routines
Input to the Operational excellence roadmap to ensure we have:
- Defined interaction model with our delivery partners and functional
- Enhanced assessment/project delivery model
- Demand management and capacity planning for key initiatives
- TRMIS functional performance KPIs/scorecard
- Lead initiatives/projects to drive operational excellence across TRMIS
- Deliver actionable data insights for effective decision making (financials, process, risk & compliance)
- Ensure standardized processes and routines are developed and followed. Champion opportunities to realize continuous improvements in planning and operations for the area, across TRMIS and with other business management/enterprise areas
- Support the Sr Manager in overseeing of the financial management process for TRMIS – budgets, forecasts, actuals & recoveries, (for all BAU cost centers) ensuring that the numbers are met and not exceeded, for both total spend and headcount
- Advanced problem solving / analytical thinking skills.
- Broad business, organizational and operational knowledge across the Enterprise.
- Strong project delivery skills with experience in organizing, prioritizing, planning, and executing requirements work streams for high-risk, high visibility projects.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to positively interact with all levels within the organization.
- Good judgment, understanding of what issues to escalate, what to resolve on your own, make suggestions for possible resolution.
- Advanced communication skills including superior facilitation, presentation, and negotiating skills.
- Versatile self-starter with demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently with superior attention to detail.
- Superior impact and influence skills to effectively engage and manage complex stakeholder groups. Proven ability to build strong, trusting and effective working relationships with individuals across all business units, at all levels across the Bank, particularly with Senior and Executive management
- Can link project objectives and outcomes to business and enterprise strategies.
- Experienced running business/technologyshared service operations in a technology environment
- Demonstrated financial acumen & resource capacity/demand planning experience
- Highly organized with the ability to juggle multiple competing priorities & manage complexity.
- Moves quickly to eliminate roadblocks, generates pragmatic, sensible and simple solutions
- Process driven, a champion for keeping it simple, consistent and doing everything right, the first time
- Credible, respected by others at all levels in the organization, professional with presence who has earned the authority to lead others to achieve the results
- Proactive, professional & energetic
- Ability to create a culture of performance with a customer focus
- Ability to synthesize and summarize information to create storyboard presentations
Education and Qualifications:
- A University or post-Graduate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Project or Program Management, or a related discipline is an asset.
- 8+ years of experience in a variety of projects on multidisciplinary teams is an asset.
- Exposure to IS function and related processes at a Canadian bank an asset
- Exposure to Agile an asset