We would love to have you partner with us at NBCUniversal, the creator of many of your favorite films and TV shows. As a member of our software asset management team, you will be empowered to help us drive maximum value from our license agreements, but more importantly, deliver a seamless experience for our users. If your someone who forms strong partnerships, brings a transformational mindset and a thirst to always learn more, then this is the position for you.
• Identify and maintain KPI's for the assigned publisher/title(s).
• Serve as a direct point of contact with key internal stakeholders, User groups, including Procurement, Client Services & IT Finance teams.
• Serve as the contract/publisher subject-matter expert.
• Responsible for understanding the terms and conditions of SW licensing contracts
• Monitors licensing updates and changes published by vendors.
• Ensures deployments are approved prior to release based on the defined deployment strategy.
• Ensures redeployment methods are published and utilized.
• Support the sourcing team throughout external compliance audits,
• Providing internal reporting and analysis on a periodic basis that provides insight into the license position for given publisher.
• Manage renewals & Software end of life processes.
• Work with the SAM (Software Asset Management) Operations team on harvesting efforts to efficiently make use of purchased but underutilized licenses.
At least 4 years' experience in the governance function of a Software Asset Management team.
4+ years' experience with software contracts.
Strong understanding of software licensing and license use rights, and software license and support agreements
Hands-on experience in managing and negotiating license and support agreements for software publishers
IT Asset Management and Discovery Tools experience (i.e. Flexera / FNMS familiarity; Service Now tool familiarity)
Experience interpreting SW contract licensing terms and conditions
Proven ability to organize and manage multiple priorities, projects, and deadlines through the effective use of resources and appropriate planning and communication methods and tools
Ability to innovate by introducing new ideas and processes to improve performance and productivity
Ability to engage and consult with others in a collaborative manner
Experience in the development of reporting to address management requirements to obtain License compliance information