About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas has a presence in 75 countries with more than 180,000 employees, including 140,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: RetailBanking & Services (comprised of Domestic Markets and International Financial Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retailbanking model across Mediterranean basin countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and solid and fast-growing businesses in Asia-Pacific.
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The COO Office supports the strategic initiatives of CIB’s operations and the near-shoring Platform in Canada. Its focus areas include high-level platform surveillance, advisory services with team or program managers and transversal project management for various sponsors.
The Project Manager will be part of a dynamic, transversal and evolving environment that will be at the core of all initiatives in Canada.
1. Provide Project management expertise for the Platform
Organize and lead project meetings to ensure a proper monitoring of the projects deliverables, timeline, risks and dependencies on:
• Change Management initiatives
• Human Resources and Brand & Communication initiatives or projects
• Regulatory projects
• Performance initiatives (dashboard, cost studies,…)
• Ad-hoc projects or special assignment
2. Manage external relationships/partnerships in connection with the local ecosystem
• Provide business intelligence from local actors and initiatives
• Act as a representative of BNP Paribas and manage relationships with external partners (Universities, government & non-government actors)
3. Support the Canada Platform:
• Manage prioritization of tasks, initiatives and projects
• In coordination with Chief of Staff, organize senior management visits, events and committees
• Contribute to the preparation of Canada COO committees and other committees or meetings (including agenda and corporate presentations)
• Contribute & participate in the development effort of the Platform
• Assist in the annual Platform budget preparation
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• BA or Masters degree in Finance or Business Administration
• At least 3 years of experience
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Knowledge of the BNP Paribas Group and banking industry
• Fluent in French and English
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Keen interest in following the evolving trends in the industry
• Ability to coordinate with senior management
• Ability to understand and summarize complex and/or technical issues
• High project management skills and ability to work under pressure
• Exceptional communication skills
• Prioritization of tasks / organization and ability to multi-task
• Solid leadership skills
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.