Description REM Iowa, a partner of The MENTOR Network, is currently seeking a Business Manager to join our team.
This hands-on role will strategically partner with local and regional leadership in the achievement of financial and operational objectives through the implementation and administration of financial plans.
The Business Manager assists in the annual budget process, forecasting and analysis of operations' performance, provides financial analysis to support business decision making and ensures the accuracy and integrity of financial reporting.
This role directs and supervises assigned staff.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Performs monthly and quarterly analysis operations' results for all state and regional centers vs. plan(s).
- Prepares financial plans in accordance with annual budgets, quarterly revenue and profit targets, headcount authorizations and recurring forecasts.
- Serves as primary liaison to corporate finance and accounting; articulates field operations' needs for support and assistance.
- Provides assistance to corporate finance and accounting staff with the development of systems and approaches that address company requirements and are responsive and sensitive to field needs.
- Analyzes and presents financial information to business partners to better understand the financial and operational performance of the business lines and makes recommendations.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with local business partners and members of the finance team we support.
- Uses professional financial concepts to achieve company objectives and addresses complex business issues in imaginative and practical ways.
- Oversees Accounts Receivable for state and coordinates withShared Service Center when applicable.
- Prepares internal and external financialreports, including cost reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO BRING:
Education and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- Solid accounting knowledge
Experience and Technical Skills:
- Five - seven years' experience in accounting/financial management
- Previous experiencewith Managed Care Organizations (MCO) desired
- Background in Human Services or Medicaid reimbursement preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Strong Excel skills required
- Strong analytical skills
- ExperiencewithHyperion Planning & Reporting or similar packages
- Experiencewith Oracle or other large ERP system and report writing
- Ability to lead a team as well as be a team member
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work under pressure and time deadlines
- Ability to explain financial information to non-financial team members
- Demonstrated attention to detail and strong follow through
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k), PTO and holiday pay
- Annual performance-based bonus plan
- Dynamic work environment; no day is ever the same as the next
- Family friendly culture