KnollStudio is a standalone specialty business within Knoll. Within KnollStudio there are three customer consumer selling channels: Corporate/Contract customer orders sold thru KnollStudio sales reps or Account Managers in our showrooms; Retail customer orders sold through our Retail Dealer network; Consumer channels sold to customers through our Ecommerce website or through our Knoll Store in New York City and Los Angeles. Virtually everything that we design, and sell is manufactured at outside vendors. The KnollStudio Business Manager will provide overall business management as defined in the activities below.
The responsibilities of the KnollStudio Business Manager will include:
- Works with the VP of Operations and Manager of Scheduling on the management of KnollStudio monthly shipment goals and forecasting.
- Acts as the “traffic director” when the VP of Operations is out of the office, making sure that Sales questions and critical path issues get to the right people for support and resolution.
- Account management of high profile engineered-complex customer orders with specials, leads operations and specials team for execution.
- Manage and maintain the KnollStudio, KnollSpace, published quarterly lead time sheets with Marketing/communications to post to Knoll.com.
- Assist with reviewing Credit Hold Reports that are shared with sales and account managers.
- Interdepartmental collaborations and interfaces for customer service and customer retention.
- Collaborate with KnollStudio marketing, QA, warehousing, controller, as well as other integral departments; Textiles, Credit, Penske logistics, Field Services
- “Manages the day-to day analysis and optimization of an organization's business processes in order to improve overall organization performance”
- Develops logistics plans and procedures to ensure that internal and client needs are met.
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met
- Meet with Custom Product Development reps and Studio planners/buyers to review EC report discuss, exchange information, resolve issues, and prioritize as necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work cross functionally with all levels of an organization
- Strong interpersonal skills; an excellent facilitator and problem solver.
- Customer & business focused. Demonstrated ability to offer strategic solutions and improvement initiatives.
- Five years of demonstrated experience in relevant position/industry (logistics, procurement, manufacturing, etc).
- Experience working with logistics/shipping, scheduling, customer service and interfacing with suppliers and buyers.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of JD Edwards (JDE)
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent work experiencerequired.