The Business Manager Emergency Services is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling the budget, and cost variance and analysis and operational clinical guidance of all Emergency Services.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling budgets, cost analysis and variances of all Emergency Services.
- Responsible for organizing, directing and controlling the development and ongoing maintenance of the Charge Master, cost analysis and reimbursement issues of Emergency Services.
- Manages the daily operations of the Emergency Service Line for support staff including Clerical staff, stocking and equipment tech staff, and quality staff. Develops work schedules and assignments of staff.
- Participates in interviewing, hiring, training and evaluation of staff.
- Manages all Emergency equipment and supplies for all departments within Emergency Services.
- Develops and implements equipment requests, financial proposals and computer budgets, and non-salary budgets for Emergency Services.
- Provides cost effective and cost conscious management.
- Establishes and continuously enhances communication with Finance staff.
- Provides cost effective standardization of the supply chain within Emergency Services. Responsibilities include: Emergency Department, Urgent Care Clinic, Clinical Decision Unit, Admit Holding Unit, and Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Program.
- Attends Emergency section meetings to present cost analysis and Emergency statistics.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, directing all regulatory requirement compliance within the Emergency Service Line.
- Possesses knowledge of COBRA/EMTALA regulations and is able to interpret those regulations.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, directing all performance improvement and Quality Management activities within Service Line and uses systematic approach for solutions.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from an accredited University.
- 2 plus years of clinical experience in Emergency Department and/or supply chain operational issues.
- 3 plus years of experience in a supervisory or manager role.
- Intermediate experience of Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in a related field from an accredited University.
- 3 plus years of Emergency or Critical Care Service Line experience.
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Current licensure by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas or proof of reciprocity of licensure between the State of Texas and another state.
Req #: 5936